Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Well, it looks like I'm out. Moms at MD Anderson with leukimia and cars are not an issue for a while. Please pray, we can use all the help we can get.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

John: I pray that the doctors can get this treated quickly and your mom has a complete recovery.

Phil Engle

Is there going to be a wheelchair division? Will it be over by 5pm? I know some of these Buick guys are getting old and need to get back to the nursing home or morgue!

Good to see you are back. Fun to do some friendly kidding.:D

We may be older, probably most of us are 30 years older, but for most of us those 30 years have been the best 30 years of our lives and nothing can take those years away from us. You younger guys have no guarantee that you will get those 30 years. :)

JD: Glad to see you are coming to Noble and bringing two Buicks.

We are almost to the 30 day countdown to the Shootout at Noble and the count for people who have committed to race is 60. We need 30-40 more cars on Team Buick's side.

Please let me know if you plan to come and you are not on this list.

These folks were part of our Top 20 in the last Shootout and they have not committed to race.
If you know them, please let us know if they are coming.

Andrew Pace
Jake Thompson
Tyler Northcutt
Billy Jones
Travis Lockhead

Thanks.

Phil Engle

KS ADAM KARY
KS BROKE
KS MAPMAKER
KS MATT GORDON
KS TURBO BRIAN
NE JIM RASMUSSEM
NE JOHN PLOG
OK ADAM LINDSEY
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MARK GAINOR
OK MIKE LERNER
OK M.HOLLINGSWORTH
OK MIKE VAUGHN
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK TYRELL ROGERS
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX 8URV8
TX BILLY JONES
TX BLAKE JOHNSON
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BUD SMITH
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHRIS MCDADE
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX DUKE MCCLAIN
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX HOTRAWD
TX JAMES WAUGH
TX JD BROOKS
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX JIM MCDADE
TX JON HANSON
TX KEVIN HIGHTOWER
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX QWIKSTOP
TX RICHARD CRICH
TX SIX IS ENOUGH
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES

I meant to ask, is this only Buicks again or are the pontiacs and olds/gmcs allowed ?

2013 Oklahoma Buick Performance Club Events:

Buick vs. Ford shoot-out is back!!

The Team Buick vs Team Ford will be held October 12, 2013 at Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, Oklahoma. The Promoter of this Event will be Blake Murdock, a long time Ford racer and participant in this Event many times. The track, TVRP, is now under new management and want very much to see us return and are excited to see this rivalry return. Rules will remain the same and Blake will be putting his staff together for this undertaking. He has my support as an advisor and a race participant and I would hope all of you that like to participate would make plans to support his efforts. Anyone wishing to help directly in the process can contact Blake on his cell at: 405 200 3227. Feel free to give moral support to him also. We have eleven months to field our Team and should encourage all those eligible to join us. Dick Walker

If I can find a tow vehicle I'll take my GN, otherwise I may take my Cadillac STS-V. Some of you may remember I won with my Escalade and my GN last time I went.

Hey guys my name is Stephanie Johnson and I am trying to help Blake get this event going. I am handling the T-shirts and we are doing something that has not been done in the past. We are adding sponsorships to the back of the shirt. The reason for the post is that if anyone is wanting their company or the company they work for as a sponsor please have them contact me at 405-834-5591, Due to us getting a pretty late start on this project I need to know ASAP. The reason for the sponsor is to help off set the cost of the T-shirt that way more of the profit will goes back to you guys the racers.

Here is a back ground on me. Some of the Okie might already know me. I am one of the photographers that is alway at Thunder Valley and I am a complete die heart Chevy girl. Now how I got wrapped up with this event is a real good friend is a die heart Buick and lots might know of him (Jerry Chambers). I am very proud of TVRP new management and everything that they have done this year has been completely awesome and I wanted to make sure that this event was the same.

Stephanie I'll give you a call... our club "The Lone Star Performance Buick Club" has made some small contributions in the past for awards I am willing to pitch in for shirts if it puts our club name on the back.

Ponchos, GMC, Olds, Caddy, Hummer, Saturn...anything but Chevy. We would crush these rednecks if we had the Bowtie dudes on our side too.

It's one month away, fellas. I plan on cracking out some mid or high 11s on mine, I haven't had a lot of time to get it tuned for high boost and the oil pressure is a little low. It's got enough to smack a new Mustang though no problem.

In the past the OK Buick guys didn't want the Chevys I guess they were afraid they would overrun the event and it would be just another Ford vs Chevy event. Doesn't matter to me I'll show up either way. The Ford camp is running it now so you don't know what will happen with this event in the coming years. Who knows?

Yes, we are going to continue to disallow Chevrolet. It would turn the event into Chevy vs Ford event. I'm afraid it would take away from the uniqueness of the event. Less than 4 weeks people!

Just booked my room. Ill be there. 95% sure it will be in my G8 GT, but there is a small chance i may get the GN highway worthy for the trip.

Car isn't ready but, if someone from the Houston area or surrounding had room I'd tag along!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app