You can type here any text you want

Buick vs. Ford race in Noble question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
John, no sorry's in disagreeing.. but maybe this helps, is the powerstroke diesel in any other vehicle besides a ford? I have no idea.

That's, to me, the ultimate difference inthe Buick with LT1 and Ford with powerstroke.

Believe me.. I would want to move our ladder down with a turbo v8.. but just doesn't fit the intent.

I don't think they came in anything besides trucks, Excursions, and the diesel ford vans.

But if a Roadmaster showed up, would they let it run? This is a Buick club run event....:cool:

I just went to the international website and they call the 6.4 liter powerstroke a maxxforce 7. It is available in the Durastar, XT, IC buses, IC commercial buses and international buses.

This isn't a definite "no". We don't like rules in our event but the Ford powered vs Buick Powered is almost the only rule and I just don't think this fits completely. I understand the dilemna, it's the original engine in a buick!.. but it is a corporate engine that didn't originate with buick.. that may be something that isn't overcome.

It's best if you pose the question to the OK club directly - as I will be taking a backseat in running the event next year. Okbuicks

John.. The truck thing is what it is. You are very technically correct. But we have, in the past, considered it a Ford-powered vehicle and the general public accepts it as such.

All things aside... This event has gotten bigger that I think the club ever imagined 13 years ago.. I think then. (I was not around until 1999).. it was just mustangs and turbo cars.. never considering that we'd have to deal with these other engines etc.. It started as a street car race between GN's and Stangers only.

John.. are you preparing for year first 9 second pass next year? You've been knocking close!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vortech.. I just read your signature.. why don't you bring the GN? or do you every year.. I don't know your name sorry.

John, yes I am hoping very much to run in the 9's next year. I am planning on a couple very minor changes over the winter. I hope I didn't come off as wanting to argue with you, I just think it should either be:

1-buick powered or ford powered only in any body you wish.

or

2-buick or ford factory equipped. If it came from the factory as a buick or ford it is ok.

I just don't think it should be ok for one side & not for the other.

I know.. I know.. If I thought you/we were arguing.. I wouldn't have responded.

Vortech.. I just read your signature.. why don't you bring the GN? or do you every year.. I don't know your name sorry.

I didn't bring it this year because I don't have a trailer and I didn't want to drive 5 hours on the MT ET radials and hope for no breakage. :D We brought my wife's Mustang and watched...hung out with Bones and some other Amarillo area guys for the most part.

If I can tear myself away from work this winter I *might* have 2 Buicks there running next year...my Skylark is getting a 455 heart transplant and the 4.1 for the GN is not coming together quickly...

However no matter what I will be there next year with at least one Buick ready to stomp some Fr0ds down :D

I will look for you next year, not sure how to find other Buick guys since we are usually driving very similar cars ;) but I will try. My name is Will.

Back