Buickgn.com Headers

Back_in_Black

Has anyone noticed that Buickgn.com and godyparts.com are selling Headers now? They look very similar to the Chinese TA knockoffs. However, they are aparently made in America.

Has anyone tried them out? How do they fit on the car? Are they well built? Mark and Brian, can you get us more pictures of these? Maybe pictures of them installed in a car, pictures showing the angle that the turbo sits and pictures of the ports?

If these consistently fit well, and are build solid i'd be more then willing to drop an extra $200 over the Chinese version. $1000 for the TA's is a bit too much for me though.

These are headers that Brian has made. He told me that they are made in the US. FYI, I will NOT be selling them any more. Get them from Brian.

the fit is ok but i had to pay the local muff shop 40$ to bend the crossover pipe a lil for a good fit. it tweaks the turbo out a lil like a 1/2 to 3/4 inch and the same old piece of crap clamps. not bad

the fit is ok but i had to pay the local muff shop 40$ to bend the crossover pipe a lil for a good fit. it tweaks the turbo out a lil like a 1/2 to 3/4 inch and the same old piece of crap clamps. not bad

Clamps are getting tough to find at a reasonable price but we have located some real bad ass units!
I'll post pics.
I did have a complaint that with a stud kit on GN-1 aluminum heads they would not fit. I fitted them on a 4.1 stroked GN-1 14 bolt set of headers.
They are tight on the ends. This because the aluminum casting is wider then an Iron head. I think that if they are filed a minimum of a 1/16" they would be extremely easy to install but not needed. Once they heat up they will expand.

Any way here is a pic of them on GN-1 heads with no mods but it was not a stud kit.

Second pic is a sneak preview of Shane & Jay's 1-5/8" headers with new hand tighten clamps in stainless not cheap but they will work on ATR, T/A,& alot of other headers.
If the sneak preveiew is a problem guys delete the pic.

As far as Mark & I that is between Mark & I. It's not a problem on parts or fitting.

Excuse the quality of the pics I ws here pretty late last night.

Attachments

• A 86GN & MTR 003.jpg
    A 86GN & MTR 003.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 357
  • A 86GN & MTR 005.jpg
    A 86GN & MTR 005.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 356
  • New clamps & 158's.jpg
    New clamps & 158's.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 362
Is that the engine going in to the raffle car?!?

:D

V

Don't you wish:D
It is a 4.1 stroker for a customers 86 Moon roof GN

The 1-5/8 headers are on an 86 wh-1 # matching fully optioned except a roof option ;)

The give away motor
We have the give away motor pulled down to a short block & went thru checked all the bearing & installed THE ESP cam & timing chain.

Intake & heads are ported.They are ready for re-assembly.
All accessory brackets & parts are off to the Powder coaters.

How does the crossover fit onthese headers and does the passenger side header tilt the turbo @ all?