You can type here any text you want

Build coming along

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
So I stopped by the Machinist to see where things are at here is a copy of the invoice pretty happy with the costs.
Jamie is a great guy and pretty particular about things.

Diamond pistons
Forged TA crank Externally balanced

I get to do the final assembly, double check clearances and file fit rings.

His bearing choice should be good?

Attachments

• Machine costs.jpg
    Machine costs.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 322
PST and GST 2 bones for the tax man!!!!!
I happy with cost other than the taxes. Jamie does nice work and you get what you pay for with him.

List price on the parts, but the guy has to pay the overhead and make a living. Labor is a bit more than what I am used to, but if it's done correctly and in a reasonable amount of time, it's worth the money. Good luck on your build.

So is it a bad idea to assemble this short block and let it sit? Should I just fit the rings put them on the corresponding piston and leave it alone until I'm going to use it?

ARP's instructions used to say 95 ft. lbs. when the old moly lube came with the main studs. The newer sets that come with the Ultra-Torque lube say 110 ft. lbs. I still use the old moly lube until I run out of it. If your block was line honed with the studs torqued to 110 ft. lbs using the Ultra-Torque, that's what I would torque them to. The rod bolts can be torqued to ARP specs, or torqued using a rod bolt stretch gauge. I measure the rod bolts before torquing, and record the readings so they can be checked on future rebuilds to see if they are still usable after being stretched. The ARP web site has a lot of information on bolts and studs.

Different motor but my 1/2" arp cap nuts were tq'd to 120 ftlbs. Do not remember thread size right now but want to say m10-1.5.

Back