You can type here any text you want

Building a 2004R...?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SSuperSSport

Hey guys,
this site seems to be the source for 2004R trannys, so i came here. (BTW i have a stock 87 SS with a CQ trans,
Got a tranny rebuilt, etcc.. BUT it turns out the lock up wasnt working, so i probabaly hurt my tranny. I then installed a toggle switch, and it works with the switch on, but I forgot to disegnage sometimes;
This tranny definitely needs some work, and i hope to mod while its done, and prob. a lock up switch separate from the ECM.
Think I could rebuild it myself? I am in the process of tearing down a TH350 c, so i have a basic idea of what is in there. OR
Anyone know a good 2004R/tranny place in the midwest? im in Nebraska; Looking for the tranny to stand 400 HP and 500 TQ, so that it can easily handle whatever engine i decide to go with.
Any help is appreciated.

If my I remember right there are a couple of GN guys from the Omaha area etc that have had thier trans freshened up by a guy name Barnes I think.

If you are near Omaha see if you can find them in the phone book and give them a hollar.

HTH

Joel

Back