You can type here any text you want

Building a new motor-resized stock rods with ARP bolts or new stock rods from WRE?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I am getting ready to build a new shortblock for a hybrid car I am building. The motor will be a mid 10 second motor. I have done a few 10 second motors in the past and have always just used the stock rods with ARP rod bolts and have never had any issues at all but I saw that WRE had new stock rods for about the same price as I would have in the stockers after the resizing and ARP bolts and I like the thought of new vs. 22 year old used. I really haven't heard of the stock SPS bolts failing so I think the new stock rods will be fine but I wanted to get some other opnions from you guys. Anyone have any thoughts on the resizeds stockers with ARP's vs. new stockers with SPS bolts? Thanks

Steve

The SPS bolts are good bolts. I've never heard of engine failures using them. The stock rods are darn strong considering they are made of cast iron.

I would just use the stock rods with the sps bolts, resize only if needed. I have never heard of sps bolts failing either, why waste the money on arp? I ran stock rods & bolts to 10 teens with no problems whatsoever.

Back