Building PINKS car looking for competition

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
The Lone Star Performance Buick club is currently building a car for a PINKS episode. We hope a all Buick episode.:cool: We are looking for another Buick to run against.
We are probably looking at very late this year or early 2009. We are building a mid 10 second GN.

Anyone interested?

David Newton
LSPBC President
Garland Tx

That sounds killer! I've been wanting to see a GN on PINKS. If one has been on the show I haven't seen it, but then again I just got upgraded cable about 2 months ago and have since been watching old re-runs and had never seen the show prior to getting my new cable. The show gets addictive after a while.
I'd like to see a GN vs. Mustang show. That's such a classic match in my mind.
I usually don't lose a race on the street...about 90/10 I guess. not bragging that's just the way it's gone since I got my car 18 years ago. With that said, I usually do get blown away at the dragstrip, if I do it's a Buick powered something or a modded mustang or a vette on NOS.

I could never, ever, run for pinks. It would be way too hard to give away my baby like that. ;)

I would do it with a back door agreement of a $1000 buy back.
So basically a $1000 race.

I am trying to line up with my Cuz or friend with the stang for a pinks show
But I haven't seen A single new show in a very long time.

anyway good luck Dude

Thats against the rules now, so it isn't going to happen.

If there were two 10 second TR's on Pinks it would be more like "which one breaks first" rather than which one is faster!

That sounds killer! I've been wanting to see a GN on PINKS. If one has been on the show I haven't seen it,

There was an episode with a maroon/black Regal. I think it was a GN but it had a carbed small block in it. It was Nates, the guy that works on Pinks. He lost because he forgot to charge the battery.

There was another one on a Pinks All Out episode but he lost when he rolled before he dropped his arms.

good luck on that one lol. Most of the guys here have worked their @$# off to get their buicks nice and fast and know how unpredictable these cars are. Couldn't see myself ever being so stupid as racing for pink slips, to many things can tear up on these cars and bam, you lost your baby. Daniel Ray

Thats against the rules now, so it isn't going to happen
[in that case what they don't know, won't hurt them lol, just have it between you two! ]

I am trying to line up with my Cuz or friend with the stang for a pinks show
But I haven't seen A single new show in a very long time.

anyway good luck Dude

that sounds good, buy back seems fair to me. what type of buick are you building a real one or a sbc with nos? and just sticking it in a regal and painting it black? not saying that's what your doing, i thrilled that you are building a buick for pinks, you know were all going to record it, but i'm with most of the guys here my gn should run low 10's but i would never dream of putting my car up, not after all i went thru to build her. most guys here i think feel the same way. besides pinks should change it's name to Sandbaging or pedaling :D , someone's always doing it

good luck, :cool:

I really think Pinks is for speed shops who have the money to build and lose their cars. I would say the advertisement for their shops is why they really go on the show. It pays off to lose a $2500 car and get tons of advertisement. If you ever notice, most of the time you see the same guys racing on different episodes. I think they need to get rid of Rich Christianson as the host and get someone else thats not such a wanker! then the show would be even better. the best show was when he wiped out on the bike, I never laughed so hard in my life!!!!:biggrin:

I really think Pinks is for speed shops who have the money to build and lose their cars. I would say the advertisement for their shops is why they really go on the show. It pays off to lose a $2500 car and get tons of advertisement. If you ever notice, most of the time you see the same guys racing on different episodes. I think they need to get rid of Rich Christianson as the host and get someone else thats not such a wanker! then the show would be even better. the best show was when he wiped out on the bike, I never laughed so hard in my life!!!!:biggrin:

That sheeat was classic! And then he takes his shirt off like he is all hardcore! What is he...5'3"?

That sheeat was classic! And then he takes his shirt off like he is all hardcore! What is he...5'3"?

The host is a real tool! What do ya think would happen to him at a real money race, that Nathan seems like a real putz also!

Thanks to everyone that has responded, but please if your not interested I understand. I would not run my personal car either.

The car is a 85GN, we are building a 86/87 set up. No SBC BS. This is all Buick and we want to race a all Buick. This car is being built by the Lone Star Performance Buick club. Most everything including the car are from members donations. No one person owns the car. So you can see no one is really giving up there baby.

We do want a agreement with whoever we race if you win you sell both cars and part of the proceeds go to charity. Our club will do the same.

If your a part of a local Buick club? ask your members if there interested? you never know? Were doing this as a club to have fun and to kuddos for the Buick community. Thanks

David Newton
LSPBC President

i am dreamming of using the Chevelle once its ready.
i know you guys are the greatest BUT i would only do this with MY Cuz or my close Stang Friend.:biggrin:

that sounds good, buy back seems fair to me. what type of buick are you building a real one or a sbc with nos? and just sticking it in a regal and painting it black? not saying that's what your doing, i thrilled that you are building a buick for pinks, you know were all going to record it, but i'm with most of the guys here my gn should run low 10's but i would never dream of putting my car up, not after all i went thru to build her. most guys here i think feel the same way. besides pinks should change it's name to Sandbaging or pedaling :D , someone's always doing it

good luck, :cool: