Bushings bushings bushings

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
I'm finally getting a chance to start tearing into my GN and replace/upgrade stuff. I'm planning on going with the ES body-bushing kit along with their F/R sway bar bushings and front end links. However, I have no idea which end-links are correct. Which size/part # am I looking for? I'm going to try and buy the bushings now and replace them when I do the control arms in the rear.

Also, the body-bushing kit doesn't come with the GNX pair, right? Any recommendations on this? Thanks in advance everyone.

Bushings

The Energy Suspension kit comes with all the bushings. As for part numbers, I have them, but I am at work. I will try to get them later for you.

Even comes with the GNX bushings? It says it comes with 24 pieces, which is the same # as Kirban's and they state clearly that theirs doesn't (Kirban's that is). Did ES combine some parts or something?

Thanks for the reply Eric :)

Steve87GN said:
Nobody wants to help me, huh? :(
You're asking some highly product-specific questions that possibly no one, except the manufacturer knows.

Lack of response doesn't necessarily mean unwillingness to help; accurate info may be more forthcoming if you call the Mfrs directly.

tom h said:
You're asking some highly product-specific questions that possibly no one, except the manufacturer knows.

Lack of response doesn't necessarily mean unwillingness to help; accurate info may be more forthcoming if you call the Mfrs directly.

True, but the stock length of the sway bar end links isn't specific to ES. I found it here earlier, but the search function seems to be down as of late, so I figured posting would be the appropriate way to find out.

***EDIT***

Ok, now that I posted that, the Search function decides to work again...go figure lol.

In any case, let me ask this then. What is so special about the GNX bushing set? Is it just a thicker pair of bushings than the GN's had? Extra pair? How does it install? As always, thanks in advance :)

The GNX bushings are the 2 extra bushings that the GNs and T / t-types did not recieve.
They are located between the frame and body right where the frame goes up and over the axle at the very top... Directly in the center of the arch of the frame above the axle
BW

So, I'm guessing that aftermarket kits probably don't included this pair. Is that a safe assumption?

If I wanted to add this pair, is rubber my only option?

Call the manufactuer and ask where all the bushings go in place.
As i recall years ago, one manufactuer was including those bushings with their kit.
Do you have a link to what kit you are wanting to purchase?
BW

I have the ES poly body bushing kit on my 86 GN and it has all the bushings. That is including the ones that set in over the rear.

Part Numbers

Steve, I finally found the part numbers you need.

End link set with hardware 9.8119RC

1-1/4" greaseable sway bar bushing set 9.5165RC

Tie rod end dust boot round 9.13101R

GM front control arm bushings 3.3156R

GM rear control arm bushings 3.3132R

Body bushing set 3.4141R

That is all the poly stuff on my 86 GN. The R stands for red color. I hope this helps you.

Eric

Awesome, thanks a bunch Eric, and everyone else for that matter. I appreciate it a bunch :D

As stated before, the ES kit contains every bushing you need. The "GNX" bushings aren't special, they just weren't put on the regals. My basest of the base model 86 Cutlass came with them, as did I believe all the Montes and Grand Prixs.