You can type here any text you want

Buzz/pop with key in ON position (video)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IceHockeyJedi

I realize it's probably hard to hear, but at 0:03, right before the "thunk" of my power locks, there's this intermittent buzz/pop from somewhere. It also happens when I press the brake pedal. But, when I put the key back to ON immediately, it stops. It only happens when the car has been sitting and it seems to be worse the longer it sits.

I can't hear the noise you're talking about, but...... Why are your door lock actuators locking and unlocking at key on and key off/?????

I can't hear the noise you're talking about, but...... Why are your door lock actuators locking and unlocking at key on and key off/?????
I figured it was part of the security system installed by the previous owner. I turn off the alarm, doors unlock. Turn key to ON, doors lock. Dang, I was hoping the noise would be more audible. It seems like it's coming from the cowl area.

Do you have an electric fuel pressure gauge ??? I mounted mine recently and noticed a funny buzzing noise every time i key on. It's associated with the fuel pressure gauge. I hope its normal but ive not contacted autometer about it. It makes no popping noise.

Is it possible your fp gauge is making some weird racket?

Do you have an electric fuel pressure gauge ??? I mounted mine recently and noticed a funny buzzing noise every time i key on. It's associated with the fuel pressure gauge. I hope its normal but ive not contacted autometer about it. It makes no popping noise.

Is it possible your fp gauge is making some weird racket?
No sir, no elec fp gauge. After further consultation and research, I believe it may be Powermaster-related. It happens when I press the brake pedal and seems to be more pronounced the longer the car sits. Idk...

Yep, that's the powermaster. If it cycles every time you hit the brake you need a new accumulator.

Should only cycle once every 3 pumps.;)

Yep, that's the powermaster. If it cycles every time you hit the brake you need a new accumulator.

Should only cycle once every 3 pumps.;)

Like he said, try unplugging the powermaster pressure switch on top to disable it and then see if the noise is still there. Make sure not to drive the car though as you will no longer have power brakes.

,Dan

Sounds like you have a powermaster issue... I would just do the swap to vacuum brakes or hydroboost and save yourself the headache!

,Dan

Back