You can type here any text you want

BzZZZZZZZZ

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmc123

Got my front speakers out but I still have a buzzing in the drivers front and door speaker...... what do I do Now??? Still got dash pad off, rest of speakers sound good. Thanks Rick

Got my front speakers out but I still have a buzzing in the drivers front and door speaker...... what do I do Now??? Still got dash pad off, rest of speakers sound good. Thanks Rick

original stereo?

Yep, stock concert sound, I pulled the speakers and checked them out there ok. I checked the connection in the door and on the dash and door speakers all ok. I re-installed the speakers, and the left front and door still buzz. What do you suggest for the next step?

Do you think it could be a wire at the radio or is it a channel blown? How do you get the radio out if it is bad and is sending it to kirbans for a $150 redo the way to go? I tried yesterday to find someone local to fix it, I found a guy that could but he said he could not get the parts because gm only sells to authorized dealers !? Thanks Rick

99% stereo.very common.if kirbans comes w/warranty...sounds good...

the trim snaps out around radio and ac controls (sometimes tough) pull evenly all the way around that way one clip doesn't bind anywhere around the trim.then remove four 7mm (9/32) screws.....

Has 1year warrenty 10 day or less turn around ,they go through the whole thing including tape. $158 includes shipping.

another option is go aftermarket cd/mp3,etc.... with a dash kit and harness car is not modified and can be easily returned to stock when the time comes,meanwhile you can enjoy real sound:biggrin:

Attachments

• 04-03-07_1757.jpg
    04-03-07_1757.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 108
wrong pic

Attachments

• 04-03-07_1756.jpg
    04-03-07_1756.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 112
Yea thats an option but I only drive it to shows and cruise inns. It is a bone stock , orig paint,20k mile car, Im the 2nd owner. But Ill keep that in mind.... Thanks

the first pic shows a face i made to "hide" the aftermarket cd for shows and security.

it has a half circle of hard paper that slides in the cd slot.

the paper i used doesnt fall apart,came from a retail stereo box,i also cut it slightly smaller than a cd so it doesnt catch the loading arms.

the paper i used doesnt fall apart,came from a retail stereo box,i also cut it slightly smaller than a cd so it doesnt catch the loading arms.

Can you show a picture of the piece on the newer unit? Im still a little confused on how it covers the CD player and what holds it in place?

here ya go....

:biggrin:

Attachments

• 04-03-07_1801.jpg
    04-03-07_1801.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 04-03-07_1804.jpg
    04-03-07_1804.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
Its $50 now but it doesent have the equalizer , mine does. However I bet they are the guys who do Kirbans radios their in the same area I think......

Back