You can type here any text you want

C-ComWP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Streetracer00

Craig (or anyone), I'm trying to load up the C-ComWP and it keeps saying "The registration file is corrupt or missing." and aborts with a fatal error. What am I doing wrong? I have a laptop with no serial port and am running Windows XP + USB <=> serial adapter.

Craig made a comment a few posts back about having problems with the serial/USB adapters. Maybe that's the problem...

I haven't heard of this one yet. I don't think it has anything to do with the serial port/USB port thing. Usually if the registration file is corrupted, your computer is really messed up. This goes much deeper than just C-ComWP. Are you having any trouble with any other applications on the computer?

See if the software will load on another PC. Let me know if you discover anything else with this problem, please. Since it's an XP install, I want to make sure we don't have some sort of XP compatibility problem. We don't know of any so far, but XP is still pretty new so these things can creep up. Thanks!

Craig

Thanks guys, my reg.dat file was not in the right directory. It needed to be in the \ccomwp\config and it was in the \ccomwp directory. Another thing though - it says it's in demo mode.. will this disappear once I hook it up to the car? I haven't bought the USB <=> Serial adapter yet, as the Belkin one at Best Buy is $90! Rape I tell you...

Oops, I was thinking of the Windows registry stuff... never mind the big scare.

Demo mode will disappear once you communicate, this is correct.

Let me know how you do with the USB to serial adapter. I'd look on the internet, $90 seems high to me. I thought they were cheaper than that... I dunno for sure though.

Ew

Yeah, Best Buy/CompUSA wanted $79 for their Belkin USB <=> serial adapter, but I found some on the net for $15. It's just an adapter cable and looks kinda simple. I hope it works..

Craig, I`m getting ready to purchase a Felpro (FAST) bank to bank system with WB o2.

I`ve seen a couple of posts where you`ve suggested to a few of members to check the serial or ID number of the unit and send it back for an upograde if it is a certain number.

What is the lastest series number I should be looking for, to prevent me from buying old stock or an outdated series system that I would have to return for the upgrade ?

Thanks in advance

George, in ALBERTA

Depends on the part number of the system you are buying... no one solid answer for this question.

If you are buying a used system, I wouldn't worry too much. Upgrades are generally $40 so you won't have much into it. You'll spend more than $40 worth of your time finding one that doesn't "need" an upgrade.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
Depends on the part number of the system you are buying... no one solid answer for this question.

If you are buying a used system, I wouldn't worry too much. Upgrades are generally $40 so you won't have much into it. You'll spend more than $40 worth of your time finding one that doesn't "need" an upgrade.

Sorry Craig, I should have clarified. I`ll be purchasing a brand new unit from a vendor, so I was wanting to ensure that I got the latest updated piece or product.

What would the latest part # be ?

George, in ALBERTA

What kind of idiosyncrasies do the older units have that would be fixed with an update? My ECU will be three years old this month. The only thing I see that I have a problem with is the algorithm that is used to add/remove fuel according to the IAT. Mine just doesn't seem correct.

Back