C5 Owners

My co-worker is selling his 99 6-speed FRC pewter black int. very low miles... I want to say 19-22,000 miles. I will get pics and info if interested. He is in FL. email me at
w31350@gmail.com

There is a white with mod red interior zo6 in my area for 18k. Only problem is its a slavage or reconstructed title. Average price seems to be around 22 for a decent one.

here are my thoughts....I have had 2 f the rare ones a 99 frc and now own a 2000 which is rare than the 99.

the 99 was torch red and its the one I took on a 9,206 mile road trip around the USA in 36 days....it never skipped a beat.

Something to think about....the frc coupes are noted as being the quickest of the bunch in 99 and 2000. also they are at the low value scale....but in the real world are the model that became the zo6 in 2001.

gas mileage is terrific in 6th gear engine at 70-75 mph I think is only turning 1800 maybe 2,000 rpms with the stock rear of I think 3.42s? going by memory

GM was smart kept the weight of the Vettes...

Also the C5 as it has been pointed out is more comfortable than the C4s....also having owned a C6 I like the C5 better....frc models have the good suspension and only have a 6 speed transmission.

originally the pan was this was the low dollar entry vette I think around 39 grand..when new.

I never had any trouble with either one. most vettes you see for sale wil be low mileage...watch for busted driver seat frames they are weak and if owner was on the heavy side seat frame may need to be replaced...

good bang for the buck and good gas mileage 27-30 mpg on trips...

a FRC can be bought for under 20 grand easily...

my frc sleeps alongside my turbo-t both have very few options the vette only has 3 options....

good luck on your venture....we make a killer shifter for those cars sell them to one of the largest tuners in the country.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

'99 pewter FRC is the best looking C5 of all the C5's ever made.

that is the color of my 200 frc coupe....one of the rarest colors....

mine with 3 options the hood liner was never even cut out for the under the hood lite the orignal owner must have been so cheap...heck that option could not have cost more than $25...

frc at least in this point of time seem to be overlooked among the corvette elite...years ago it was the 1958 corvette because of the chrome strips on the trunk lid...then before long they became valuable.

to me its like the notchback fox body Mustang....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

tag on my vette reads A MOVER

There is a white with mod red interior zo6 in my area for 18k. Only problem is its a slavage or reconstructed title. Average price seems to be around 22 for a decent one.

There are some big name vette dealers in this area....prestige in york, stout in reading....wait til corvettes at carlisle...that event is HUGE...great selection also prices on vettes drop alot come july and august as season turns down with fall coming.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I know of a super rare 2000 frc coup with less than 9,000 miles on it...rare color lit blue....one owner...can probably be bought for 20 grand....

My brother just picked up an 02 Z06 for $14,500 with 85k :eek:

Some 19 yr old kid, who needed money for school. Was asking $17k, but had a few issues we picked out. Now i'm thinking I need one :biggrin:

Attachments

• 2011-06-04_14-52-09_993.jpg
    2011-06-04_14-52-09_993.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 117
There are some big name vette dealers in this area....prestige in york, stout in reading....wait til corvettes at carlisle...that event is HUGE...great selection also prices on vettes drop alot come july and august as season turns down with fall coming.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I know of a super rare 2000 frc coup with less than 9,000 miles on it...rare color lit blue....one owner...can probably be bought for 20 grand....

I would really want a 02 or newer Dennis with 405hp....go big or go home :D

Some 19 yr old kid, who needed money for school. Was asking $17k, but had a few issues we picked out. Now i'm thinking I need one :biggrin:

2 questions. How the hell does a 19yo have a ZO6, and 2, where the hell are people finding these deals :mad:

Why don't you try something like my Z0 Nothing:biggrin: Easy to fix, really easy to make go VERY fast, and handling, well, there's tons of suspension upgrades available to you....the engine is just a Chevy small block, you know how durable and easy to modify they are.....the one below is real, real quick, just snaps your neck and loud as hell....:biggrin: handles like it's on rails due to the suspension mods I've done.

0086173-R1-040-18A.jpg

105_105.jpg

And sorry, 1fast6, but from over 39 years of owning a '66 Vette, and 29 years owning this '69, they are FAR from junk.....really insulting.

They are still drivable, too....and as long as I fix them myself, they are not expensive to repair...only when you take one to the shop will you get robbed at gunpoint:rolleyes:

Though, I had a chance to drive an '02 ZO6, it was AWESOME! I just about had an orgasm...and I've driven an '07 ZO6 and HAD an orgasm!!! Two of the most awesome handling, fast Vettes ever! Worth every dime. Vettes are just in a world of their own, a special breed of banshees!! Like the Turbo Regals, only the Vettes don't have a trunk for the trunk monkey nor a backseat!:rolleyes:

Insurance? What's that?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

...the Vettes don't have a trunk for the trunk monkey nor a backseat!:rolleyes:

C5's have a trunk. I have even slept in the back (diagonally) fully stretched out to take a break driving from Denver to Dallas back in the day, I'm 6' 0". I've fit a Buick radiator in the trunk, a Buick front bumper, two snowboards - me and a chick went snowboarding with the Z06 with 4" of snow on the ground.

OMG!!!!! That was a steal!!!!!:eek: It's beautiful!

Tell me, how does a 19 year old kid have a ZO6???? What am I missing? At 19 I could only afford a '54 Lincoln Capri, and that set me back a WHOPPING $250! It was mint! White with a black roof, all leather....everytime I mentioned the word "Corvette" to my father, he pitched a royal fit!! "No way", "Out of the question", "Don't be an idiot", They're pieces of junk" "Over my dead body"..ah, those quotes sure come back to me now.

At 16 years old, I was driving a '26 Model T Doctor's coupe to school, this in 1965.....wow, what a screamer it was!!!! Whoo!!! Two forward gears, 30 mph top speed, and a dangerous 37 MPH downhill!!!!!!:eek: Lived very dangerous back then. Used to park it next to a classmate's brand new '65 Vette 396 convertible, talk about a contrast! (his parents bought it for him.....how nice.)

19 years old with a ZO6......Geez, what am I missing? I just can't figure it out!

Bruce '87 Grand National

C5's have a trunk. I have even slept in the back (diagonally) fully stretched out to take a break driving from Denver to Dallas back in the day, I'm 6' 0". I've fit a Buick radiator in the trunk, a Buick front bumper, two snowboards - me and a chick went snowboarding with the Z06 with 4" of snow on the ground.

Amazing!!! I would have loved to see you sleeping in the back!! How did your back feel in the morning? You must be Gumby!!!:tongue:

I do understand you getting all that stuff in your Vette, it can be done...now top this...on the luggage rack I've strapped on a 7 foot couch

another time a 27" tv with a rocking chair, and desk on the luggage rack

then another time it was a coffee table with two end tables in the passenger area....it looked like the truck of the Beverley Hillbillies show with all that stuff strapped on...

Funny, the night I was transporting the couch down the interstate, a '69 Z28 came up beside me and challenged me to a race!! Can you believe that? I shouted "No fair, can't you see what I've got on the back?" They said "That's YOUR problem" then flipped me the bird.....ah....nice summer drives at night...so sweet.:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Nice vette Bruce. My dad always had those styles, I believe he owned over 25+ vettes over the years and some 69 Camaros. He still has a couple but there in the "project" phase :rolleyes:, you know the phase where you work on them but nothing really gets done...... The C3's really aren't my style though :redface:, dont get me wrong I like them, but I see myself in the C5 :biggrin:.

Nice vette Bruce. My dad always had those styles, I believe he owned over 25+ vettes over the years and some 69 Camaros. He still has a couple but there in the "project" phase :rolleyes:, you know the phase where you work on them but nothing really gets done...... The C3's really aren't my style though :redface:, dont get me wrong I like them, but I see myself in the C5 :biggrin:.

Thanks for the compliment, Dave...glad you like it....understandable...go for the C5....you're looking at it with "You only live once" so go for it....I sure hope you find a good deal and please don't forget to post some shots of it like the other beautiful Vettes the guys posted here...the newer C5s are just beautiful.......Geez, your Dad owned over 25+....what a dream come true, that is admirable....unfortunately I can't say the same thing as I'm the owner of only two...any more and I'd be homeless....:tongue:

Go for it, Dave, get yourself a C5 and don't look back....the newer 405hp ones will definately show you the way to "FAST":eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Dennis, GNon18s, and 1fast6, that color blue is the most beautiful shade of blue I've ever seen....ever so beautiful....I'm humbled.

Bruce '87 Grand National

And I see myself beating you in your C5 with my Buick! At the strip, On the road course, at the Autocross!!! :eek::biggrin::):D

SW.

been stalking this thread, my mom owns a c6 and it is absolutely orgasmic to drive, truly a remarkable machine :cool: i will definitely have one eventually.

Anyway, Scot, i have no doubt your car is far superior in all aspects of performance but i'm also willing to bet the c5 will come pretty close at half the price, half the work, and half the time, but..... with much less than half the cool-factor too :biggrin:

I will try and get Mr AMC Guy to post some photos of my 2000 frc coupe we make some neat parts for the C5 and C6s....

Few suggestions unless you like noise ditch the run flat tires for regular tires, if you buy a hardtop lift up as much carpet as you can and put noise deadener under it and buy the neat dividers they make that cuts off the trunk from the passenger compartment.

Here is a tidbit many Vette owners of C5s do not realize.....under the hood is a part that is quite visible that is identical to the one found on most Ford Mustangs including the 2003-2004 Corbras. My guess is the same company probably made it for Ford and GM.

Bargains exist as most Vette owners stay away from buying high mileage ones like anything over 50,000 or so prices drop. Come fall heading into winter and prices really drop. Anything near the 100,000 mark can be had quite reasonable.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

been stalking this thread, my mom owns a c6 and it is absolutely orgasmic to drive, truly a remarkable machine :cool: i will definitely have one eventually.

Anyway, Scot, i have no doubt your car is far superior in all aspects of performance but i'm also willing to bet the c5 will come pretty close at half the price, half the work, and half the time, but..... with much less than half the cool-factor too :biggrin:
Not stalking, Waiting for the right moment to mess with Dave! LOL

I wouldn't be to quick to say "Half the price" seeing as the whole brake system and complete suspension together cost right at $6,300 (that includes the shipping too) and I would say they are both superior to the stock C5's Brakes and Suspension. So at that price your getting stuff that is Better than the C5 OEM equipment and can make your GN handle just as good as a corvette, that's not bad at all Imo! But it's still an 80's car... I like seeing the looks on the C5-C6 drivers faces when my old 80's Brick hangs with them on these mountain curves or when they bring their corvette to an autocross and this old 80's brick blows there time away....

C5's are Very nice cars, very nice handling cars, But VERY low cars to get in and out of on a daily basis! I can definitely see Dave in one for sure with his gold neckless on!! :D

Just having some fun with ya Dave!

Scot W.