Cal hartline does it again!

Ah, 275 Stage II. Huge advantage.

It is awesome how these cars drive like a stock 6cyl. People can't comprehend that even though my car runs 8's, when not under boost, it is a low compression, small cam, 4.5 liter V6. Looking foward to seeing Cal in 3 weeks. Talked to him today about some options with my new set up. He is a wealth of knowledge.

How come mine doesn't drive like a stock V6 , it feels slower than a stock v6.........What was the final dyno numbers?????

Nearly every Pittsburg car was hp limited by the fuel. Once they got close to 90% d/c we quit. I can't remember exact numbers but I think most were over 600hp. The Chicago cars were on a Mustang dyno and ranged from 550 to 0ver 800hp (may have been 900hp). I should remember this stuff LOL Either I'm getting old or I'm too busy. Probably both!

602 rwhp for me on my 2nd pull which was the only good pull (1st one sparkplug wire and a vacuum hose popped off. We stopped because I was happy ( and didn't want to break anything) I figured ill get used to power and tune again when I get bored of it lol.

I still laugh because Cal and I thought the dyno numbers were from the previous cars pull. I guess Cal's pre dyno tune worked for me.

Cal
I should have had you send me a screen shot or printout so I can put it underneath my pillow.

Y
Nearly every Pittsburg car was hp limited by the fuel. Once they got close to 90% d/c we quit. I can't remember exact numbers but I think most were over 600hp. The Chicago cars were on a Mustang dyno and ranged from 550 to 0ver 800hp (may have been 900hp). I should remember this stuff LOL Either I'm getting old or I'm too busy. Probably both!
You mean over 900 ;) whp that is.

Cal,
You might be getting old and very busy but still number 1 in my books.

Steve

Thanks to everyone at Sound Performance for making this a successful day. Also, thanks to Steve Pitts and Steve Jr. for setting this up. Thanks Cal for the tune and I hope to stay in touch for future mods. Steve Payne

Nice meeting you Steve, wish the weather would have been a little more cooperative.

Steve

You have a rocket ship there Denny. :cool:

Did I miss how much boost and timing?

Care to share gct. file? :D

Thanks Rick! As far as boost I have an electronic boost controller and had it set to 21 lbs but I know on the 1st run Cal said it showed 4 less on the xfi then what the boost controller was set at. Not sure what the timing was set at.

Man I wish I knew he was in Illinois I would have driven down from Milwaukee. Please let me know if he returns to the area

Guys,
I know he was just out here, but I'm trying to put together another Dyno day with Cal in Chicago. Looking for (4) more cars. It would be for late May or late June depending on everybodys schedule. If anybody missed out on this, last time now is your chance. Please let me know.
Thanks

I would love to have Cal come down, Im part of a car club with at least 20 real nice G/N maybe he want to visit Long Island.... Or maybe he will remember my 6k that I spent this year.... Something to think about

I was suppossed to be one of the cars that cal was gonna tune also when he came to philly and my trans guy had all kinds of problems with my trans,so i wasnt able to make it....i will travel where ever cal is coming to....pa,nj,ny,md,etc.....hopefully he is coming back or we can get enough guys together to make it worth his trip....:D

Thanks everyone. Since I have received quite a few emails about this, I figured I would explain a few details about tuning sessions. In order to do a thorough job, I like to try to keep it to 5 cars or less/day. I normally just tune aftermarket engine management systems. Its just not cost effective to have me tune the stock computer. If your schedule is flexible, I can sometimes piggyback with another trip and save some $$. I am currently booked about 6 weekends out. If you can do a weekday, I am more flexible. Average cost with airfare, and tuning is $2-300/car and includes any additional tweaking you might need after I leave. I hope that helps.

Worth EVERY penny!!! Cal is one of the people that makes being a car guy worth it!! Helped me reach my goal, and, then some!!

Worth EVERY penny!!! Cal is one of the people that makes being a car guy worth it!! Helped me reach my goal, and, then some!!

Thats an understatement :) I can't wait to get used to power and have Cal retune my car....

I am so ready,a week day is fine with me,if there are three or four other guys in the tri state area interested lets try to set this up!!!! I was so bummed that i missed my chance to have cal tune my xfi........