Calling fellow hotair owners...what's my car worth?

NADA values the 84 GN pretty high IMO.

I also checked http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/ for some real world numbersof cars on the market and most were in the 4k-9k range and none nicer than mine. there were a few over 9k in worse condition than mine too. As well as a few much nicer, super low mileage ones for sale with 12k-18k tags.

Steve, as a fellow MAGNA member & 84 GN owner don't give in to the temptation for an intercooled TR. Us hot air owners know we are descriminated against. We are the minority because they made the almost the same amount of GN's in 86 and 5 times more in 87 as they did in 84 & 85 combined. Why I kept my car so long is due to it's rareity, it was the first year they made a turbo GN, the only year they had the leather interior and how many of the 2000 originals still remain. The 86's & 87's are selling for more for one reason, the intercooler. I firmly believe to a true car collector and enthusiast they would take an 84 over any other GN, except for a GNX. So my car is not as fast, I don't care, I just think of the above and the $$$ flash in my eyes, then I smile. Personally, if someone was interested in my car I would'nt even think about it for less than 20K.

Good luck
Gary.

Thanks for the motivation Gary. Unfortunately, my motives for selling the car are no longer to buy an 87 but to get some money in my pocket. I just graduated college and money is tight, plus I'm really trying to save for a house. I am doing everything I can to keep the car b/c I love it to death but I feel it's day is coming, which is why I keep testing the market with it.

On a side note: I'm not much of a collector, if I were to keep it I would make it as fast as my budget allowed, I want a car that flies. Me personally I'm not into the collector thing, but that's just me. However I must admit one day I wish to have a nice stock 30th Anniv T/A sitting in my garage.

You going to the meeting this weekend Gary? Sure would be nice to see another 84 around.

No, my trans is'nt shifting properly (soon to be posted) and until I get it checked out I don't want to drive it too far. Probaly the next one I will be attending is Sept, the NJ meeting. Good luck with your future endevors.

Oh yeah, your car looks great too !!!

Hey brother your GN is sweet. I just bought a 87 GN bone stock, headliner saging and all but you know what I enjoy driving it. 84,87, hot, intercooled so what you have one of the rarest cars and nicest looking cars out there. I know when your driving your car people turn their heads and say wow look a grand national. Remember no matter how fast your car is there is always one thats faster. Sorry to see you sell I say keep it. :D