calling julio/alky experts pls review my pl log

This is getting frustrating now....

I finally made it back to the track. I only got to make 2 runs and the rain came and we all went home. This log is from the first run. I forgot to record the second...DUH! :eek: I really wish there was a tuner close by because I obviously have no clue as to what I am doing. On this first pass it ran a very dissapointing 12.85 @ 100mph. The way it felt on my few test runs prior (on the street) I really thought it would go low 12's and I would be able to tune it back down into the 11's. 3rd gear the car has nothing, zilch, nada. it basically just flatlined. I had the FP set @ 42 line off. 2nd run I lowered FP to 40 line off and it ran 13.05 @ 104mph. The one thing that jumped @ me on the PL log was the MAF readings. They dont look normal to my untrained eye?? The big plus from this is zero knock, so I know there is room for improvement. Please take a close look at my log. I am getting ready to scrap this whole setup and go back to my old red's chip and race gas. My 2nd option is to beg my wife for the SD chip, etc, etc..I am gonna study up on Eric's WB and maybe order that today. I think it will help to have as much info as possible...(as long as the driver remembers to hit the record button!!) Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 82510-1.zip
    209.8 KB · Views: 56
I finally made it back to the track. I only got to make 2 runs and the rain came and we all went home. This log is from the first run. I forgot to record the second...DUH! :eek: I really wish there was a tuner close by because I obviously have no clue as to what I am doing. On this first pass it ran a very dissapointing 12.85 @ 100mph. The way it felt on my few test runs prior (on the street) I really thought it would go low 12's and I would be able to tune it back down into the 11's. 3rd gear the car has nothing, zilch, nada. it basically just flatlined. I had the FP set @ 42 line off. 2nd run I lowered FP to 40 line off and it ran 13.05 @ 104mph. The one thing that jumped @ me on the PL log was the MAF readings. They dont look normal to my untrained eye?? The big plus from this is zero knock, so I know there is room for improvement. Please take a close look at my log. I am getting ready to scrap this whole setup and go back to my old red's chip and race gas. My 2nd option is to beg my wife for the SD chip, etc, etc..I am gonna study up on Eric's WB and maybe order that today. I think it will help to have as much info as possible...(as long as the driver remembers to hit the record button!!) Thanks in advance!

This log really does not look bad. I see a couple blips on the maf during wot but thats about it.

Thanks for taking a look Rick, Do you have any reccomendations as for what I should do with the tune. I am still trying to understand what everything means. is a 115 BLM reading @ the top of third OK. Is a lower # leaner or richer. If you think everything looks pretty good should I try adding some more boost to get the ET's down? Thanks Bill.

Hi Bill,

Your BLM reading at the top of 3rd is 128, not 115. The current BLM is displayed above the BLM grid in that little box with BLM next to it.

All you need to to do is keep leaning it out using the WOT fuel adjustment. The more you lean it out, the faster it will go. Once you start seeing knock, then add a tiny bit a alky to see if the knock goes away. If not, then add fuel back instead.

The other option is instead of reducing fuel, to increase boost, which will also lean it out and add power.

Eric

Thanks Eric, It sounds like I can start having fun now. At what increments would you reccomend to begin adjusting? I don't want to go more than what I should. I dont know how sensitive the adjustments are. Or should I just use the minimum increment and go very slow? Thank you. I was on your sight to order the AEM WB but see they are out of stock. Any idea when you will get them in? Will the O2 sensor eplace the stock one in the stock location or does it require a bung to be installed? Could you please give your opinion on the RJC in-line boost controller. Do you think it would benefit my application?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my stupid questions I am trying very hard to learn though! Bill

For WOT fuel, I would reduce it about 3 numbers at a time and check O2 and knock.

WB should be in stock in about a week. It does not replace the stock O2. You need a bung in the downpipe. I like to put it near the A/C accumulator, pointing upward.