You can type here any text you want

Cam card Information???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

Ok I have a Comp Cam 218/212, I don't have the Cam card for it. What info does that cam card provide?? I am trying to find out where I get the most power, (like 5100 thru 5600) range. How do I get a copy of that card. Thanks guys

Post up the numbers engraved on the end of the cam and/or go to comp cams website and put in the numbers

Lobe profile, lift, LSA all affect things.

........... What info does that cam card provide?? I am trying to find out where I get the most power, (like 5100 thru 5600) range. ............

The only way you are going to obtain a valid answer to your question is a dyno test.

A cam is only one element in a performance engine build among many other items that will determine actual performance.

I have used that cam in similar builds, and the power usually peaks 5600-5800. After that level the HP will level out and drop off starting at 6000 RPM. The limiting factor will be the beehive springs.

To give you an experienced guess on your build, it will perform great in the range you stated of 5100-5600, which makes it a killer street set-up. "Quick" will beat "fast" on the street! :)

Personally, I very much like that grind especially if the heads have a good ratio of exhaust flow like in the TA alum heads.

How does your car run with the new valve springs Kim? :confused:
Nick the springs work great with the cam and does not quit anymore like you had predicted , if I could get the new SD2 dialed in , it will be a killer like you said . I am going slow in tuning it as I have installed the alky system also . I have been sorting out a few things that were needing some attention , I am getting closer , fingers crossed so far .

I also changed the springs in my car as it never could pull higher then 5,000-5150... It seems as if I gained a 100 hp it pulls all the way up to 5910.. The beast has finally woke up...

Ok I have a Comp Cam 218/212, I don't have the Cam card for it. What info does that cam card provide?? I am trying to find out where I get the most power, (like 5100 thru 5600) range. How do I get a copy of that card. Thanks guys

I also changed the springs in my car as it never could pull higher then 5,000-5150... It seems as if I gained a 100 hp it pulls all the way up to 5910.. The beast has finally woke up...

The cam is a custom grind. If you need another cam card, I have it. It is a 218/212 billet comp cam, lobes are 3313/3312. Lift with your 1.6 rockers will be .528/.520. I degreed the cam at 109. Have you tried to rev higher as I built an exact motor for a customer just before your build and after I changed his valve springs on his motor a few months ago, his motor now likes to rev to 6200. Everything is a duplicate to the way your car left my shop, except his build has ATR headers and a TE45A which is the same as your TA66.

With the bee-hive valve springs the car ran 11.00. You car felt much stronger than his and drove much better. With the new valve springs installed, to our surprise his best pass to date is 9,902 at 137. It was backed up with a 9.91. It was built as yours was to run low 11’s. He has slowed it down to 10.80-90’s as it wasn’t built to go that fast and he says the car is too nice. Too bad you didn't let me change your valve springs a year ago when I found the problem. I am not sure your car will run similar with the changes you made to my combo, but it is good to hear your springs have been changed. Let me know how it runs. If you need another cam card, send me an email and I will get it over to you...

I also changed the springs in my car as it never could pull higher then 5,000-5150
Do you remember the cam spring number and brand and what lock you used on your set up ?

#:69-400-8 is the part number on the cam card , I have that same cam

Not all cams are created equal. The cam you have is a comp of the shelf grind and is not a billet. The cam in his motor is a billet part number 67-000-9 3313/3312HRxxx+x. Lobe separation and ICL are different. The cam you have is a good cam though.....

Dave lets try and meet up this week to talk. Still to this day when I take the car out, people will come over and say this is the nicest Grand National they have seen. I owe a large part of that statement to you!! You do amazing work and have great eye for detail... also you build a pretty nasty tranny also...Hope your Mom is doing well...

Back