You can type here any text you want

Cam reccommedation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
Guys

I just recently purchased a dtroker kit from full throttle. My question is what cam do you recommend for my new engine. I have fully ported irons.

TIA

Pat Broughton

Home, Champion, VPE, Weber, Merritt, Hartline, AZGN, DLS, who did the Ported Irons. I tend to see strokers mached up with ported aluminum heads alot on here. Im sure you can fly with the irons too but, I would post flow numbers if you have them and talk to Bison, DLS, KevinB, TurboT990 or any others listed in my sig. They all know their stuff and have seen any different grinds in action. Best of luck!

my heads flow in the 210 cfm area @ 500 inch lift on the intake. the exhaust is over 160.

You will be limited by the springs on the iron heads unless your heads have been modded to accept some bigger springs. With that said i dont see the need to run more than a 212/212 112LS. What boost, compression ratio, TC and fuel will you be using if its different than whats in your sig? Do you have wideband correction? Make sure your girdle is flat before you begin machine work.

Bison

The heads have been modded to accept larger springs. the guides have been cut down. The fast does have the o2 correction. my goal is to run in the high 6's with it not on kill!

I need to update my sig. I was going to build the motor with the je pistons and a TTA crank.

I'm planning on using a roller cam but i was unsure what i should use.

I was thinking about a 206/206 grind.

Bison

The heads have been modded to accept larger springs. the guides have been cut down. The fast does have the o2 correction. my goal is to run in the high 6's with it not on kill!

I need to update my sig. I was going to build the motor with the je pistons and a TTA crank.

I'm planning on using a roller cam but i was unsure what i should use.

I was thinking about a 206/206 grind.
I missed the fast in your sig. lol. Id agree on the 206 cam unless your going to go with more turbo. What converter do you have? You are only a couple pieces away from low 10 sec power at under 30psi.

I missed the fast in your sig. lol. Id agree on the 206 cam unless your going to go with more turbo. What converter do you have? You are only a couple pieces away from low 10 sec power at under 30psi.

I have 9/11 TC 3200 stall. My next turbo is going to be a 67/76. It's a standard bearing turbo.

What other pieces do you recommend? Alum heads?

When doing this build i'm gonna try and shoot for my compression ratio to be at or above 8.5/1

I have 9/11 TC 3200 stall. My next turbo is going to be a 67/76. It's a standard bearing turbo.

What other pieces do you recommend? Alum heads?

When doing this build i'm gonna try and shoot for my compression ratio to be at or above 8.5/1

Id go with a 66-70 GTQ BB. It will make a lot more power than the 76 ex turbos with the parts you have. After that id look at race ported aluminum heads and a PTC 9.5" If you use aluminum heads go to 9.0:1

Back