You can type here any text you want

cam/Rocker specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Did a search and came across this >"Actually if you caculated the valve lift with a stock rocker you would find they come in around 1.47-1.48 . So going to a true 1.55 would be an
advantage"
Dan Strezo DLS Engine Development. Makes me ask how much less lift that equates to...in say my 204/214?

turbocamino1 said:
Did a search and came across this >"Actually if you caculated the valve lift with a stock rocker you would find they come in around 1.47-1.48 . So going to a true 1.55 would be an
advantage"
Dan Strezo DLS Engine Development. Makes me ask how much less lift that equates to...in say my 204/214?

Take the net measured lift and subtract it from the advertised lift.

advantage"

Get the advertised lobe lift from the cam card and multiply it by the rocker ratio. Say it is 0.300":

.3 * 1.55 = 0.465" lift at the valve
.3 * 1.47 = 0.441" lift at the valve

Or 0.023" less lift

RemoveBeforeFlight

Get the advertised lobe lift from the cam card and multiply it by the rocker ratio. Say it is 0.300":

.3 * 1.55 = 0.465" lift at the valve
.3 * 1.47 = 0.441" lift at the valve

Or 0.023" less lift

RemoveBeforeFlight
thanks guys...my high school math was off some... thats more than i thought...sounds like alot. kinda sucks.:eek:

Back