You can type here any text you want

Cam Selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mzunino

Hey Guys
Hate to do a Pick My Cam type post but here it goes. I am building a THS type ride looking 10's. Here is what I will have for the car

GN1 Aluminum Heads
Ported Intake
Girdled Bottom End
JE Pistons .20 9-1 Compression
6776 PTE S Cover
Forged Stroker Crank & Rods

This car will be driven on the street 90% of the time --20 track passes a year. I want it to be streetable but if I decide to go a little nuts I hope I can pick a roller cam that will keep up with the turbo. Post your ideas, have been thinking about going custom but it depends on what I see in posts.
212-212
212-218
Are the off the shelf ones I have been considering.

The 218-212 seems to be the cam of choice with 250 cubes. If you have a nice converter, that would be my choice! You already have a great combo- let her breathe

Who is building the engine? What are their thoughts?
I had an off the shelf new Comp 218/212 roller in my engine when I decided to build a stroker, my builder (RPE) suggested a larger custom 224 roller for the build he was doing. I went with his suggestion without a hesitation, it is very streetable and pulls like crazy. i am quite sure an even larger cam would be streetable as well. It will all come down to your goals, where you will be shifting, how much port work to the heads, Converter choice, How much boost you want to run, fuel, ALKY, etc. If you don't trust your builder find a new one. Good luck

Bryan

Who is building the engine? What are their thoughts?
I had an off the shelf new Comp 218/212 roller in my engine when I decided to build a stroker, my builder (RPE) suggested a larger custom 224 roller for the build he was doing. I went with his suggestion without a hesitation, it is very streetable and pulls like crazy. i am quite sure an even larger cam would be streetable as well. It will all come down to your goals, where you will be shifting, how much port work to the heads, Converter choice, How much boost you want to run, fuel, ALKY, etc. If you don't trust your builder find a new one. Good luck

Bryan

Really still researching the build, good friend is putting it together. Machine work being done by Testerman's machine shop. I am having a mild port done on the heads, 9 inch ProTorque 3300 stall. I plan on running race fuel at the track, don't want to go nuts with boost(20-25psi). I trust the work and the people involved completely, alot more knowledge about cam selection now then when my friend building Buicks. I would like to run mid 10's and if I decide to go nuts low 10's, but with the amount of track time streetability is very important.

Keep the info coming guys!

Back