You can type here any text you want

Cam Sensor question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m2mtrsports

I know another one of these but I have not found any previous situations like this.
I replaced my cam sensor cap with the Caspers one with the light according to the instructions.
I actually got some life out of the engine (first time this season). It barely idled for about 10s.
Other starting attempts after that only got a couple seconds and sometimes a pop out the intake. Normally this is related to timing or a lean condition.

My question is if the cam sensor shaft is 1 or more teeth off can it cause this?

I plan on removing the whole sensor assembly and re-installing this weekend as it does not match the diagrams/photo in the instructions. Instructions show and call out that the "window" should be at the 4 oclock position at TDC, mine is at 5-5:30. Likely one tooth off.

Hopefully some one actually answers this time.

I know another one of these but I have not found any previous situations like this.
I replaced my cam sensor cap with the Caspers one with the light according to the instructions.
I actually got some life out of the engine (first time this season). It barely idled for about 10s.
Other starting attempts after that only got a couple seconds and sometimes a pop out the intake. Normally this is related to timing or a lean condition.

My question is if the cam sensor shaft is 1 or more teeth off can it cause this?

I plan on removing the whole sensor assembly and re-installing this weekend as it does not match the diagrams/photo in the instructions. Instructions show and call out that the "window" should be at the 4 oclock position at TDC, mine is at 5-5:30. Likely one tooth off.

Hopefully some one actually answers this time.
hope this instruction will help you out

Attachments

Back