You can type here any text you want

Cam Sensor Questions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 TR

Work In Progress
I will be running a roller cam in the new engine Im building shortly. im using the comp.210-215 austempered roller from Full Throttle. How does the cam sensor gear hold up?? Anyone out there having any problems with the gear wearing out??

A buddy of mine insists that I must buy a bronze gear for the cam sensor. I told him that was just for a billet roller.

What do you guys think???

Cam sensor gear

In my experience running a Comp roller...they will wear fast. I would do the bronze or you can find NCTURBOS in the SE section. He has a high rev cam sensor. I'm not sure what it's about. With a high volume puts even more stress on the gear. So for what it's worth. Michael

i have a comp roller in one and a ruggles roller in the other, both have over 10k miles on them with no abnormal wear showing on the cam sensor gear ...

I have a Comp 212/212 roller in my engine with approx. 10K on it. The cam sensor gear still looks new and that's with a high volume oil pump too. You are correct about only the billet roller cams require a bronze gear. :)

I am running a billet roller cam from Weber and have been for 5 years now and have around 25,000 miles on it. Had the cam sensor out this winter and it looks new !!! Haven't had any issues with gear wear at all. I am running a stock front cover with all the mods and a 60lb. spring.:biggrin:
I think for you guys that are showing abnormal or early gear wear that a POLY gear from BOP is your fix.????

...I would do the bronze or you can find NCTURBOS in the SE section. He has a high-rev cam sensor. I'm not sure what it's about.

We've been running billet roller camshafts for years with no wear issues on the cam sensor gear. We did have the roll pin shear once though... :eek:

The modifications we do to the sensor does not include anything with the gear. It's all underneath the cap... :cool:

K.

Back