You can type here any text you want

CAM sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
I set up my cam sensor today after priming the oiling system. I went to gnttype.org and found the procedure. It says the signal wire coming from the sensor should have 7.5 volts, mine only had 6.99, but my battery was at 11.9v. Then after turning it clockwise a full turn they said turn it counterclock wise until the numbers (volts) drop, then tighten it down. Mine went down to about .12v. Does this sound like i did it right? I almost ready to start this car thats been being rebuilt for the last 4 years:D . Thanks

Did you tighten it down as soon as the voltage dropped, if so you did it right.

Keep an eye on that battery these cars don't like low voltage.

yeah i went back and forth with it a couple of times and it would go from 6.99 to 3.xx, then right to .12-.10 there was really no in between from 6.99 to .12 and i keep the meter on it when i tightened it down and it didnt move at all. The batterys an optima i've been using it to crank the engine occasianlly and listen to the radio, if worst comes to worst i'll put a charger on it but you cant kill these optimas

Just make sure you are 25 degress ATDC when you set the cam sensor.

Once I've found 25 ADTC, I mark my balancer so that future cam timing becomes easier.

this is the 3rd optima i've had they always worked great for me, is AGM what could go wrong?

this is the 3rd optima i've had they always worked great for me, is AGM what could go wrong?

they are great batteries but they don't tolerate being deeply discharged especially at a slow rate-------let it happen even once even to a new one and it will NEVER be worth a darn---------i have a couple optimas that have been in service for over 15 years and one still works fine--------i used to work in a test lab that tested audio components for magazines and manufacturers-------i still have one of the first OPTIMA batteries that i tested back in 1990 and it works just fine---------they don't even have the OPTIMA label on them-------memory tells me that they were originally imported from europe (Sweden i think) and it wasn't till a few years later that they were labeled OPTIMA and manufactured in the US--------they sent me 5 for testing-------i ruined two immediately doing slow discharge testing--------one failed in 1996 or 7 and one failed in 04------one is still kicking----the three provided good service since all they were used for was maximum current testing....................RC

never heard that, but i dont know everything. i'll take your word though. I just wanted something that was better than average due to me having a stereo system and electronics that might kill other batteries in time. If it dies i'll let you know, if it doesnt you wont hear from me:biggrin:

Back