You can type here any text you want

Cam set up upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
I think I have a wipe cam lobe on #3 and may have to change cam set up now is it the time to move to a roller cam setup?, I want to see if anyone has a laundry list of parts, and general idea of what it takes to do a cam swap since i have never done a cam, but I have done alot of work on cars. Its seems that intake need to come off? Do valves fall when you remove parts? Etc., etc. Just seeing what it will take to get car back to normal. Thanks

I think I have a wipe cam lobe on #3 and may have to change cam set up now is it the time to move to a roller cam setup?, I want to see if anyone has a laundry list of parts, and general idea of what it takes to do a cam swap since i have never done a cam, but I have done alot of work on cars. Its seems that intake need to come off? Do valves fall when you remove parts? Etc., etc. Just seeing what it will take to get car back to normal. Thanks

just pull intake , valve covers, headers and turbo, then the heads. pullleys and front oilpan bolts and timing cover as well. pull out pushrods and lifters take off timing chain and gears. pull cam shaft out with a tool so you dont nick cam bearings. buy a roller cam kit from full throttle and take heads to a machine shop to have springs swapped for the behive ones from kit. and the reverse setup but the tricky thing is you have to measure for thrust play in cam to timing cover. mike at full throttle can probably tell you how. an another thing i would get the rocker shaft braces from ta performance to stiffen up the rocker arms. good luck it will be worth it in the end

Back