You can type here any text you want

Cam swap gains ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The only way you can log runs with winaldl is with a laptop. Very rare I do it unless I make part changes. It isn't like I drive around to do logs all the time, I do actually drive my car and use it for normal transportation whenever possible.

Once you get the motor opened up i'm willing to bet youll find a lot more than just a blown head gasket. Don't cut any corners if youre going thru the trouble of pulling it. Check the rod and main bearings, they get pounded by detonation. Your cam-money will probably be better spent on new bearings, rings, head studs, etc. and sealing it up nicely. Just my .02, my recent "budget head gasket change" swelled into a full rebuild, everything inside was iffy, and parts add up!

FWIW I got lucky I think. I pulled the bearing caps and all the bearing shells looked to be ok.
Went back with stock cam though on the advise of many on the board.

Thanks

If your rod bearings look good, you didnt get coolant in the oil, and there wasn't a lot of debris in the pan, you did indeed get lucky! While the pan is off check your oil pickup is nice and tight before you button it up. Best of luck!

I hope I'm lucky !
Bearings were good and it was a dry Blow into the valley .
So the oil was fine with only a little trash in the pan and pickup.
I cleaned everythingn and even took the pump apart for cleaning .
Been together about 6-7 months now so far it's ok.
Hoping to avoid another incident with scanmaster and knock alarm plus razors alky system.

Ran across this old thread so to update a year later. The razor alky and scanmaster were great advice the car runs knock free. When it was cold under 50 out it felt like a low 12 capable car now low to mid 13s feels about right. Amazing how 20-30 degrees kill the power. See other thread.
Car has been reliable the only thing I've noticed was the oil pressure hot idle is lower only about 15 psi it was 25 but that has bee stable and everything sounds fine. May have been a gauge issue . No track time or real tuning do far.
Ruining about 20-22 psi stick turbo tweak tuning.
working to make it better added all the braces and getting it ready for the power your in June.
Hope to meet some fellow TB people,

I was advised by all the Buick guys I knew if was the way to for speed and reliability .
At times I wish I'd gotten a lock up but overall it's working good. Runs about 2100 at 60 mph,

Looking at that set up, with some nice tires there is no reason you can't make it into the 11's if that's what you're looking to do.

Nice way to keep up with what you've done. I like it.

I hope the car can crack into the 11's on drag radials this fall if I get to go run it.
Dream would be mid 11's at about 115...and no broken parts !!!
Future upgrades are Nitto 275/50/15 drag radials, Moser Axles, and a better rear sway bar and maybe lower control arms to keep it level on launch.

Oh and that is drven to the track everything in the car just like it sets.
Guessing the car is about 3600 lbs.... + me is about 3830.
So it might be a dream really !

Oh and that is drven to the track everything in the car just like it sets.
Guessing the car is about 3600 lbs.... + me is about 3830.
So it might be a dream really !

Cake. My car is heavy. See sig.

GN's are not light !! Ours is 3660#s. BUT we like our comfort features to much to take em out. :cool:

usetaboost how do you log runs without a laptop?(sorry about the hijack)

You misunderstood. He said to sell the turbolink and buy a scanmaster. To log with WinALDL or TurboMeter Pro you'll still need the laptop. The difference is that the scanmaster will always be on the clock and the laptop can be a choice.

Back