You can type here any text you want

Cam sync

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

What do the words "cam sync" mean on the all sensors dashboard?

I've spent the day trying to get my T-Type running. Put my returned turbo on it, started it up, it idled for 1 minute then suddenly quit. No spark.

FAST shows an rpm signal plus I put my cam sensor tool on the cam sensor, turned the engine over and it flashes. Even took the sensor top off and the wheel was in place and turns. Changed coil/module. Checked both original and replacement with Casper's checker. Checked all fuses. Checked relay to FAST. Checked wiring as far as I could. Ruled out crank sensor due to rpm signal to FAST.

I'm stumped. As I said though, FAST doesn't show a cam sync while attempting to start.

What's cam sync ?

i put the jinx on ya .........for not callin me back

shawn

ps isnt that the camera over the sync(why you have one there is beyond me )

Get 'er running. And cam sync still reads red zero. So apparently it doesn't mean much.

Anyway, after swearing and talking sternly to it this morning, everything kept pointing at the module to me. So I was about to put a third coil pak/module on it but first I checked the connector thingys in the end of the big connector that goes to the module. Number three from the left side was pushed waaaay in. I was kinda able to get it back into place a bit...not all the way but just enough to make a connection when the plug is pushed back in.

Voila, as the Spaniards say....started right up.

Back