You can type here any text you want

Camber shims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6togo

So i know this is going to be hard but someone here might have a close guess! I have Umi front upper and lower control arms with tall upper ball joints stock spindles any idea on what i should start with shim wise? I would like to snug them down but know they will probably need something basically as a baseline and i know all cars vary!
Chris

Unless you have a camber/caster guage and the math formula to figure out what you need, load it on a trailer and take it to a good alignment shop.:)

Yea that will not be happening for a while body is still off and the suspension is half apart plus i dont have the wheels yet to fit the big brakes. I was just hoping someone had a similar setup with a rough idea.
Chris

With the body off you can't load the suspension so it's pretty much a obombout.:D

Its even better it has air ride on all four corners so i have to determine the ride height before i can start to think about proper settings! I think i will just throw in some 1/4" shims for now and worry about it down the road! Anyone know a good place to buy the nice one piece aluminum shims that will not hurt the wallet to bad i seen the Dse's any others?
Chris

Its even better it has air ride on all four corners so i have to determine the ride height before i can start to think about proper settings! I think i will just throw in some 1/4" shims for now and worry about it down the road! Anyone know a good place to buy the nice one piece aluminum shims that will not hurt the wallet to bad i seen the Dse's any others?
Chris
I don't know of any others that are one piece, We sell these - http://www.gnsperformance.com/products/suspen_dse_frnt_shmkit.html

Very easy to install & remove! They have a nice tab at the top for easy removal and the size is also printed on them, On track days I add some when I get to the track and simply remove them afterwards...

SW.

Back