You can type here any text you want

Can a 3.8L SFI or 4.1L work in a 78 Regal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlintBuick4Life

I have a 78 Buick Regal with a 79 3.8L (Turbo is out till I find a new engine) me and my uncle rebuilt it in 2000 and its getting to be a pain in the A! The oil pressure is terrible ever since we built it and no leaks, the #1 lifter knocks and its all ways hot, so I want to start fresh. I want to know if its possible get a 3.8L SFI or a 4.1L fuel injection in it and what kinda changes do I need to make. Please help ASAP if you know!:confused:

Both bolt right in, All you need is the EFI engine and the wiring harness for it along with the ECM and a fuel sending unit with a fuel pump in the tank. If you don't run that you will need an inline electric fuel pump. should be all you need.

Converting to sfi can be done but it won't fix the problems you're having. Figure out why you're overheating and have no oil pressure or you'll have the same problem if you convert to sfi.

Thanks, I just wasn't shore that it would bolt right in or not. Finding an engine, wiring and fuel pump is easy but finding a throttle body is my #1 concern. Ill have to find a Regal in a junk yard that has one and rip one out of it.

Thanks, I just wasn't shore that it would bolt right in or not. Finding an engine, wiring and fuel pump is easy but finding a throttle body is my #1 concern. Ill have to find a Regal in a junk yard that has one and rip one out of it.

You won't find one in a salvage yard. There's one AZ that has a bunch of TR's but if you don't live near it you'll be paying through the nose to get the parts. Look in the for sale section or post in the wanted section and see what comes up.

Back