You can type here any text you want

Can a stock D5 converter be restalled to 3200 rpms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Just as the subject says...was wondering if you can take a D5 converter and have it restalled to 3200 rpms...probably not but thought I would ask...reason I ask is because I am trying to find the cheapest converter to match up to my PT61 turbo which requires a 3200 stall...or would it be cheaper just buying a orange stripe converter stalled at 3200? the key word here is CHEAP:D

Don, I've been reading your posts. Maybe you should consider keeping your stock pistons and use that money saved towards a good 9" real AC converter. Porting the heads would help the car also while you are changing the head gaskets. That's my advice for a simple solution to get the most out of the car without spending the bank.

Don - don't skimp on the convertor man. A good high quality TC is worth the price tag. I love my 9/11 LU

Jeremy

so just spend the dough ($800) and get the PTS billet 9/11? i thought a converter was just a converter :) shows how much i know!

Back