You can type here any text you want

Can anyone ID this chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
I pulled out the old computer chip which I thought was stock but I don't think it is. I put in a red93 chip and it had RN engraved on the plastic, the one i pulled out did too. It also has JT8(G)/p, under that LFIVE 242 under that AF14 these are on the belly of the chip and on top it says APXB with the numbers 3897 under that :confused:

If I remember correct that is the stock chip you have in there. RN is only the manucatuter of the plastic black carrier holding the chip so that will be the same on any chip from GM or aftermarket.

You are correct Mr Jan. I actually still have my stock chip, just looking at it.

Also still got 4 Thrashers, 2 homemade and 2 TT´s (giving away the TT´s to Micke).

Lunkan, good to see you the other week in Sweden. You should have told me about the chips ... you like to part with the stock one? Got my engine apart by the way, will open a new thread about my findings so need you help on this :-)

Thanks guys I'm surprises it is stock. The guy I bought the car from told me it was stock but yall know how that goes....

Jan Larsson said:
Lunkan, good to see you the other week in Sweden. You should have told me about the chips ... you like to part with the stock one? Got my engine apart by the way, will open a new thread about my findings so need you help on this :-)

I´ll part the chip for a beer :) Jan, email me at andreas[at]stb-racing.com to keep this thread clean.

Back