You can type here any text you want

Can I get recommendations for a new OIL pressure Gauge...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
I'm looking for a range of 3-60 psi. At present my electronic one is dead. I want a mechanical one now since I've already had two electronic ones die on me.

I probably won't buy anything other than Stewart Warner again. I love these gauges. Here is a link to Summit where I got it:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-214518/overview/

And here is a pic comparing the SW to a typical Autometer. The SW lights through the gauge face, whereas AM just does perimeter lighting, which is hard to see.

IMG_20121120_064859.jpg

I agree. I have an Autometer and the range is just not reasonable, (scale: 25, 50, 75 and 100 psi...very inaccurate). These cars have an average range from 3, (DANGER), to a max 50 psi. Normally these engines have a good average idle pressure of 12 psi, (modified pumps can even go higher@higher rpm's). But I don't need anything that goes to 100 psi. Heck even a guage that max's out at 50 psi would be awesome.

Well the engines do have a habit of having low oil pressure issues but my old NA would pop 120 psi on a cold morning with 20/50 in it.:eek: I actually blew an oil filter up like a ballon when it happend and it was a serious bitch to get it off.:mad: If you do everything right and find a guage you like then you should be able to see what kind of pressure you've got working for you.;)

...you should be able to see what kind of pressure you've got working for you.;)

I already know that, (15 psi cold, 12 hot). :rolleyes: It's only that I could never find a guage with the range I described. I'm just asking for opinions on a good replacement oil pressure guage since mine died, (I don't have any oil pressure issues). I've seen farm tractors with gauges close to the ranges I wrote but never for cars. Seems to me most of these oil gauges are meant for V8's.:mad:

Back