You can type here any text you want

Can someone tell me what is the size of this vacuum hose?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

313badbuick

A V6!!!!
It's the hose located below the vacuum block where the flash is shining on. Thanks
d68b1eb605b926f28807ddcb4b2fc301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vacuum or water ? The one on the bottom of the throttle body originally had coolant going thru it to heat the throttle body. That’s what the flash appears to be on unless you mean the hard vac line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, that looks to be the old coolant line that someone plugged. it looks to go from the inlet to the outlet of the throttle body, it originally went from the heat pipe to the throttle body. Size? not exactly sure but it has no vacuum or pressure on it so you shouldn't consider it for vacuum leak checks if that is what you are wondering. if you are looking to put it back to original, I am sure someone knows the size tubing to use. most people will do that mod to keep any unnecessary heat in the throttle body, useful unless you are a daily driver and run it in the cold months.

Vacuum or water ? The one on the bottom of the throttle body originally had coolant going thru it to heat the throttle body. That’s what the flash appears to be on unless you mean the hard vac line?

Yes that is the hose. Mine has no hose at all.

yes, that looks to be the old coolant line that someone plugged. it looks to go from the inlet to the outlet of the throttle body, it originally went from the heat pipe to the throttle body. Size? not exactly sure but it has no vacuum or pressure on it so you shouldn't consider it for vacuum leak checks if that is what you are wondering. if you are looking to put it back to original, I am sure someone knows the size tubing to use. most people will do that mod to keep any unnecessary heat in the throttle body, useful unless you are a daily driver and run it in the cold months.
Thanks!

Mine doesn’t either. One of the first things I removed. Last thing I want is to heat my throttle body...

Yeah, that hose is useless, unless you drive your car in sub degree temps then it would be wise to have it on, so your throttle blade wouldn't freeze up on you.

One resource I use for parts lookup is RockAuto - multiple manufacturers, part pictures, part #'s to aid in the parts search....then you can decide what to buy and from where. link below

Throttle body coolant lines shows:
Gates 28408 as 5/16 inch inside diameter heater hose
AC Delco 30121, also 5/16 inch ID
Continental 64997, as 3/8 ID

As already noted, connecting the barbed fittings on the throttle body to each other does not do anything except keep spiders and dirt out of the coolant passageway in the throttle body.

If you want to restore the throttle body coolant loop for cold weather/winter driving, you only need a couple feed of hose. hose is about 50 cents per foot. so, visit your local auto parts store or GM parts counter.

One resource I use for parts lookup is RockAuto - multiple manufacturers, part pictures, part #'s to aid in the parts search....then you can decide what to buy and from where. link below

Throttle body coolant lines shows:
Gates 28408 as 5/16 inch inside diameter heater hose
AC Delco 30121, also 5/16 inch ID
Continental 64997, as 3/8 ID

As already noted, connecting the barbed fittings on the throttle body to each other does not do anything except keep spiders and dirt out of the coolant passageway in the throttle body.

If you want to restore the throttle body coolant loop for cold weather/winter driving, you only need a couple feed of hose. hose is about 50 cents per foot. so, visit your local auto parts store or GM parts counter.
Thanks!!!

Back