You can type here any text you want

Can the Cam Sensor Be a Tooth Off??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have read your post few times and am really confused? :confused:

The cam sensor would not relieve tension on the cam or chain as it is just along for the ride. The cam gear being bad will throw off cam timing, as well as computer timing for the sequential fuel injection process.

Had the chain moved around on the cam gear while driving, it would have damaged your valves.

i removed the cam sensor that has a gear that meshes with cam. when i did i went to reinstall the sensor and i rotated the engine. now that the cam sensor is not in the car the timing chain upper gear was bald(noteath). so in a nut shell the lower end of my motor turned and the upper did not. so when i reinstalled the cam sensor it was "off timing". had i not removed it the car would have still ran. i removed it due to a ticking noise and found that the chain was slapping the cover because the upper gear was gone. so my thought for this was his upper cam gear may be waisted and by removing the cam sensor and then rotating the engine it may have caused a similar situation. :)

Back