You can type here any text you want

Can you have the BS changed on a 3 piece wheel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

I might buy a set of 3 pc wheels but the bs is wrong I think. Can a wheel shop take them apart and change the BS?

Are these wheels welded togeather? Or is the middle bolted in somehow? Have no idea never owned a set before.

Are these wheels welded togeather? Or is the middle bolted in somehow? Have no idea never owned a set before.

they are bolted together... there is probably some sort of sealant to make sure there is an airtight seal.... You should be able to change backspacing by switching out the different halves but it might be cheaper just to buy some with the right BS, i am sure it will be expensive to buy the rim pieces and then have them assembled.

hth

I might buy a set of 3 pc wheels but the bs is wrong I think. Can a wheel shop take them apart and change the BS?
Your answer is "YES" !!!

And alot cheaper than one would think! (I just called this week and asked this very question myself). :)

All they do is change out One hoop if you don't plan on changing much, and they will even ask you if you want the change to be on the outside or the inside! Pretty cool when you want to fine tune your set up.!!

I would recomend sending it back to the original company who made them and simply tell them what size you want them to be.. That is the beauty of owning 3-piece wheels! :biggrin:

Back