You can type here any text you want

Can't bleed the new Hydroboost.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'd rather go with used than reman garbage. Been screwed over so many times on reman shit

Once you get the "whoa" part fixed, you can start working on the "go!"
The tech at Wilwood gave me this #: 260-8556
1.12 bore. 3.22 to 3.40 mount hole centerline. He said this is what you want for a HB app.
He also said if I had rear drums, to use a 10# residual pressure valve in the rear line. It's to be mounted not more than 12" from the MC.
The MC and the residual valve came from BCI, here in Atlanta.
The HB came from Elliott Sydnam, in Dallas, TX. [sterlingworth16@yahoo.com]. He makes custom mounts for new HB units. Mine is inverted, & bolts directly to the firewall, so the accumulator is to the dr side fender. [Keeps it away from the LS coils.] $414.00 shipped.
Elliott also recommends a return line filter.
Cardone pt # 20-0038F is about $20, uses a cleanable filter. The NAPA # is 81-0589F.
I got the banjo fittings from Pure Choice Motorsports, in AZ.

I have this same HB on my 55. I couldn't get it to stop for :poop:.[Only had about 7-800psi at the rotor. Added the HB, now have 2100psi! This MOFO will stop!:D
I also use the Wilwood adj prop valve on all my stuff.

I'll post some pics when it's done.

Chuck: Just wanted to thank you again for your good help here. I talked to Elliott when you sent me his info a while back and feel like this a trusted source for these parts when I change mine over. I did not realize how much effect that the MC bore diameter had on how the system functions..

Sounds like the '55 has a nice setup! My Dads '57 has disc/drum but manual brakes, that's what convinced me to keep power brakes!

The newer reman'd M/C fixed my problem. I think I still have a little air in the front lines, but I'm going to be swapping from calipers in the next month or so anyways. Pedal feels similar to what the powermaster was when it worked right, but doesn't seem to take as much leg pressure/force to get the car to stop. I can get the passenger seat trying to fall forward pretty easy. Thanks for all the help and encouragement along the way with this swap. Finally got to put some more miles on my fresh engine. Boost turned back to 21# and she'll get sideways at 70, I need to put the DRs back on!!

Side note, my PS pump is still making some noise, especially off idle. Hope it quiets down some, but I'd rather have some noise with the HB than no brakes with the PM

I'm on my 4th reman mc a cardone
10-1740 - that 81 Cadillac . Avoid this one if you can

That's the same part # I used, hope you find a good one, its really frustrating having to swap those parts out just for one that doesn't work

It's was good for a month than suddenly gone. But damn got to get another one. Fun fun

Dump the junk, and install a Wilwood...........<$200.00
1 1/8" bore.

I watched Roc87 struggle with this--I know for a fact that HB is a good system. Have to agree with Chuck on this one; pay some dollars to do it right--we spend huge bucks to make them go--but the life safety factor is in being able to stop!

Back