You can type here any text you want

Can't get a street race!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys I would love to post a kill, but I can't hardly find a race nowdays when I do find a ricer with all his stickers and big wing or a Mudstain, they don't want any!
It's only a Grand Am or Monte Carlo Right?

Oh well I'll keep looking.
See ya.

I'm getting bored.:o Sure is lonely at the top!:cool:

man come to my area...this place is FULL of ricers that want to prove something...i seem to manage a really good race with a car once a month...even during the winter like now people rev at me!!! LOL!:cool:

one time i was riding along the highway and i saw this ricer and his g/f...he kept reving his stupid fart can as i approached him and me being the smartass i stayed right along aside him for about a mile and then i just FLOORED it and let him hear the turbo...his g/f was staring at me the entire time...she was indeed hot too:D funny stuff...

:( I feel your pain! I have a hard time getting a race too. :(

Maybe I need to tone down my exhaust a bit. I think if I appear not to have any mods people will stop assuming that my car is to fast for them. :( Anyone have any ideas? I need a really quiet exhaust system that will give me race car performance.

Later:)®

its EZ

870 octane, the answer is simple : DONT BUY A FARTCAN. you could spend a thousand bucks on some apexi $hit or you could just buy a dynoflow high flow muffler and 2 and a half entrance and exit tips. there is no use for fart can mufflers unless u have over 400 horse power. 5Ziggen makes a nice quiet muffler, with good sound, simple look and not too much $$$.

Originally posted by 87Octane
:( I feel your pain! I have a hard time getting a race too. :(

Maybe I need to tone down my exhaust a bit. I think if I appear not to have any mods people will stop assuming that my car is to fast for them. :( Anyone have any ideas? I need a really quiet exhaust system that will give me race car performance.

Later:)®

Maybe if I get some TypeR floormats, aloha seat covers and some zeon lights (what ever in the hell they are) like 87Octane I'll get plenty races like he does!

But with only one small difference I'll be the one STOMPING THE ASS!! :D

I am disappointed these days myself. I am an ex-street racer with an itchy trigger finger. It really sucks to grow up. Responsibilites and the married life made that fun part of my life disappear long ago. I only take my GN out every once in awhile and find myself looking for someone to drop the hammer on. You know that feeling. Hell, I had some punk teen in an SS Camaro throwing revs at me, IN HEAVY TRAFFIC! What The F___!! That did absolutely no good! Please do that when we are at a light with no traffic, then we'll do at it. Of course I can only do this when the wife is not in the car. Wish I could turrn the clock back 10 yrs.

I know where you are all coming from :(

I am only 17 right now, but I hear back in the 80's, and early 90's TONS of people in my area would just drive around looking for street races. I heard you could get about 4-8 races a night, and the cops really didn't care.....

Now-a-days it stinks around here...once in a blue moon you might need a sweet Chevelle or Nova, but they are usually going in the other direction, or turning off....and Ricers..I don't really waste my time with....

Only if I were born a few years earlier...It would have been great!

Originally posted by TIMS87GN
I am disappointed these days myself. I am an ex-street racer with an itchy trigger finger. It really sucks to grow up. Responsibilites and the married life made that fun part of my life disappear long ago. I only take my GN out every once in awhile and find myself looking for someone to drop the hammer on.

Well hell I'm pushin 40, so I know what you mean I don't drive my car everyday either so I guess when I do get the car out I'm stalking!!:)
And you know it always seems like I'm in my LeSabre T, when a good prospect does comes along?
:confused: :mad: :(

man, around here, there's not even a cruise spot anymore, there was a new law passed, "No cruising law" you pass by more than 3 times in an hour and your ticketed! :(

I am currently 19 and I drive my GN everyday (that means in the winter too, sorry!) and it seems to me I always find a race with either a 16 year old high schooler with a ricer or a 22 year old college kid with a brand new camaro ss or mustang gt that their parents bought them!!! I never ever see a old muscle car that wants to race...i mean there is no such thing as "cruising every weekend" anymore because gas prices are pathetic and the cops and laws are getting to the point where you might as well stay indoors the rest of your life...

my dad told me that when he was my age...he built a 62 bel-air with a 67 corvette engine in it and used to go out every night and just cruise looking for racers...he built that thing just for that purpose as probably most other guys did...he said those were the days when gas prices weren't an issue and cops actually looked forward to seeing all the nice cars out...he says i am living in a really sh!tty time right now and wishes i could do the same thing with my car...LOL! go pops:)

I have to agree with don_3d. Street racing is no longer accepted as kids being kids and you get a slap on the wrist if you get caught. Its more like, if you are unlucky enough to get clocked 30 or more mph over the speed limit, your going to jail and your car is going to get impounded and you know what they do to cars that go to police impounds, its not pretty.:( I speak from experience ive had my buick since i was 17:o and im now 21. I have got just about any traffic ticket imaginable and lucky for me, my lawyer worked cheap since i was a good customer for a few years. The one thing i never got caught doing was drag racing, (have no clue how) but have literally had to "stay in it" to avoid getting caught if you know what i mean. Its not a good feeling, period. Bottom line=keep it to the track, u never know where that trooper is sitting, and if ur races are semi-serious were the speeds go above 85-90, u wont be able to look for cops and pay attention to the road to.

Trust me, i speak from experience, some which i regret to admit.

Shoebox

When I go out in the Buick, it's for one reason - looking for trouble. I don't drive the car much and when I do it's to scare up some stoplight races or to drive out to Island Dragway. Unlike the 'Phoon, I've yet to be nabbed doing something stupid in it (knock on wood).

Sometimes I take it to work because the guys I work with get a kick out of it, but mostly I take it out to smack around the locals. It's tough to find anyone with anything reasonably quick and who wants to "race" (I have a hard time calling a 0-60 sprint a race, but that's all I'll do on the street). I typically wind up running ricers or "ordinary" cars whose owners drive in a "frisky" manner.

I haven't come across anything race-worthy in the GN in a while (other than my brother in his LS1 Z28). There was that green Regal with the turbo hood on Rt. 80 a month or two ago (I posted under the Cannibalism subject line), but I'm not even sure it was a turbo. I'm sure I'll bump into someone sooner or later, but it's been slim pickins last few times out.

I attract a lot of rice in the 'Phoon, which is understandable. I like that it looks like it's another lowered, stick-on body panel'd Jimmy. No one knows what it is until it's too late. I had the opportunity to decimate a new (paper tags) Celica GTS last night. Didn't post here because it was in the 'Phoon, plus I didn't want to rile up the troll. I was worried because in the hands of a good driver, they're high 12-second animals :rolleyes:. But, evidently in the hands of a less capable driver they're no match for even my high-13 second truck. Not even close.

Jim

I will definately agree that it is almost impossible to find a good street race when you are looking, therefore you need to start taking the turbo out to get groceries and run errands (park away from shopping carts) That is about the only time I can find anything worthy, got an LS1 TA yesterday on the way to work, ran him from 2 lights with the same results. Had it out with a bullit mustang about 3 weeks ago, that was on the way home from work. Havent found anything at all when I was looking though.

turbojimmy, i hear ya on street racing. Its so dead around here. Have you ever heard of the hole in Newark? Supposed to be some bad-ass street racing (trailorer cars). How is island dragway? Been wanting to check it out.

Originally posted by stroked347
turbojimmy, i hear ya on street racing. Its so dead around here. Have you ever heard of the hole in Newark? Supposed to be some bad-ass street racing (trailorer cars). How is island dragway? Been wanting to check it out.

I live pretty far NW, so I don't get out to Newark much.

Island is cool. Far less ricers than E-town and typically less crowded (less waiting). Open all year 'round for test-n-tune, too (weather permitting). I hope to get out there this winter if we get a few of those freaky warm days.

Jim

DAVID!!

if you want a street race.. i can bring you along.

we've got one car thar in race trim ran a 7.50 (8th), and mike sorelle with the 7.50 with 16psi on pumpgas..

tony (the first car) now has alky and runs 23psi on the street.. and mike finally got everything fixed with his car (except the PM which died last night... at the races)

if you really want some races i can definitely find you some.. cmon.. four buicks would be bad ass

Originally posted by TType84
DAVID!!

if you want a street race.. i can bring you along.

we've got one car thar in race trim ran a 7.50 (8th), and mike sorelle with the 7.50 with 16psi on pumpgas..

tony (the first car) now has alky and runs 23psi on the street.. and mike finally got everything fixed with his car (except the PM which died last night... at the races)

if you really want some races i can definitely find you some.. cmon.. four buicks would be bad ass

I don't know who Tony is but I do know Mike Sorelle, I can run Mike as long as I'm in race trim! I'm game anytime for anything but I was reffering to the other brands!

Where did yaw go racing last night???:cool:

thursday nights we meet up in the sams / frys parking lot at around 10:00-10:30.. then we caravan out.

it started out small.. my friends and I pretty much started this....

now its kinda getting big...

but anyway.. mikes PM motor went out right as he lined up against Tony last week.. so it'll be a week before hes out there again... on the other hand, im out there every week and so is tony.. let me know thurs if you're comin ;)

Originally posted by TType84
thursday nights we meet up in the sams / frys parking lot at around 10:00-10:30.. then we caravan out.

it started out small.. my friends and I pretty much started this....

now its kinda getting big...

but anyway.. mikes PM motor went out right as he lined up against Tony last week.. so it'll be a week before hes out there again... on the other hand, im out there every week and so is tony.. let me know thurs if you're comin ;)

Not this Thursday but maybe the next!

I had to take my car to Jack today it seems the governor is going out in my tranny and the shifting is sporadic!

And since it 's the holidays it will probably be next weekend before I get the car back.:(

Back