You can type here any text you want

Cant get over 20 PSI on Erics 23/25 PSI chip.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

So I've had Erics 23/25 psi alky chip for a few months. Car runs beautifully but boost stops at 20 psi. Do I install a manual boost controller or is the a wastegate rod adjustment issue?

So I've had Erics 23/25 psi alky chip for a few months. Car runs beautifully but boost stops at 20 psi. Do I install a manual boost controller or is the a wastegate rod adjustment issue?

To answer your ?- If you have an adjustable (WG) waste gate actuator- boost can be raised or lower utilizing the WG actuator in conjunction with a manual boost controller. Lorenz performance/ RJC/ Full Throttlespeed/ Hartline performance- all sell a good manual boost controller that will work with your existing WG actuator if it is adjustable. I assume that your car have an Alky kit installed on it already since you are trying to raise the boost above 20 psi.

Haulz A

Yes its alky equipped. I was curious why the chip says 23/25 psi but boost is limited to 20. Was'nt sure the best/safest route to go first. WG is adjustable but I've never touched it. So do turn clockwise or counter? Is one turn equal one pound of boost? Thanks.

You will need to adjust the boost yourself. The boost written on the chip is what the chip is calibrated for, with regards to fuel and timing. It doesn't mean the computer will put the boost at 23-25psi, as it doesn't have that capability.

When you make the wastegate rod shorter (tighter), the boost will go up. One turn is usually around 1psi, but you'll have to experiment with it.

Regards,
Eric

Yes its alky equipped. I was curious why the chip says 23/25 psi but boost is limited to 20. Was'nt sure the best/safest route to go first. WG is adjustable but I've never touched it. So do turn clockwise or counter? Is one turn equal one pound of boost? Thanks.
Shorter WG rod = Shorter engine life (Higher boost)

There are a couple of threads posted concerning your issue- You will have to manually adjust the WG actuator by loosening the jam nut on the rod and shortening it- one full turn is approximate equal to one lbs of boost. Most people also you a manually boost controller in-conjunction with a manually OEM style WG actuator to regulator boost/spool of the turbo. Do you have an after market type boost controller installed as well.

Haulz A

There are a couple of threads posted concerning your issue- You will have to manually adjust the WG actuator by loosening the jam nut on the rod and shortening it- one full turn is approximate equal to one lbs of boost. Most people also you a manually boost controller in-conjunction with a manually OEM style WG actuator to regulator boost/spool of the turbo. Do you have an after market type boost controller installed as well.

Haulz A
No I'm still running the fact wastegate solenoid. I'll try adjusting the rod. I'll be happy with 23 PSI. I have good heads/intake ect.

I have a brand new rjc manual controller if you wanna give it a whirl and see if you like the difference, I haven't put it on my car yet but I planned on it soon. You're inhouston right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run mine tuner style...and adjust via the rod. I can dial the boost just about anywhere.

I have a brand new rjc manual controller if you wanna give it a whirl and see if you like the difference, I haven't put it on my car yet but I planned on it soon. You're in houston right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Beaumont but I'm going to play with the rod this week since I have nothing planned to do.

Back