You can type here any text you want

Can't get the CD player working!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
Guys I need some help / advise. I just pulled the radio from my 84' to install a CD player. I got the GM pigtale hookup tied all the wires up that need to match and pluged everything in and nothing... The CD player will not even come on? Now the brown and orange wire are not hooked up, The back of the radio has no port for them. I would think because of what they are for I don't need them hooked up to work the cd player. Ideas? TIA -Adam

if what jwheelz says is true which i'm not gonna pull my stereo out to agree or disagree then the brown wire or POS power wire would connect to the red wire from your cd player for power. The orange wire will stay disconnected because most newer cds players don't utilize the illumination wire which it sounds like yours doesn't so just cap that wire off.

i had a problem when i hooked mine up i had to splice the brown wire to the power wire on the radio and if you dont splice the orange one with the alumination wire on the back of the radio then when you turn your lights on you will have no interior lights... i did alot of trouble shooting to figure this all out hope i could help

i had a problem when i hooked mine up i had to splice the brown wire to the power wire on the radio and if you dont splice the orange one with the alumination wire on the back of the radio then when you turn your lights on you will have no interior lights... i did alot of trouble shooting to figure this all out hope i could help

Ok, This makes some sense now... So Ill splice the brown with the red one, Only thing is I'm using a harness conector so I guess I will just have to tap into that? Now with the orange one what does that get spliced with on the cd player??? Thanks!

I never had a problem with my interior lights without the orange illumination wired connected but if you have the problem like jwheelz had then i would connect the orange wire with the yellow wire which is your constant that way if you have the problem with your interior lights they'll come on when you open your door. if you connect it to the red your lights will only activate with the ignition on start or aux same as the cd player. Did you get the right wiring harness because if you did it should have all the wires you need to just plug in it and connect it to the cd player? You really shouldn't have to splice anything.

Back