You can type here any text you want

Can't set the preload PLEASE HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

5th time doing it and can't get it right. I understand which one I'm supposed to adjust but I think I'm not adjusting them right. Here's what I'm doing: half turn after zero lash. I'm doing this cold, intake on. I have Scorpion rollers and Morel roller lifters on GN1's. Pushrod length is correct. Is a half turn not enough for those lifters? I heard ticking after the first startup and I readjustment them. It was actaully the stock valve cover baffle on the passenger side hitting the rocker. They were set right to begin with but I screwed all that up. Please help....

I have Morels and Scorpions on GN1 aluminum , I install mine at just over 3/4 turn. They still make some noise but that is just the way the hydraulic rollers are.

Bryan

Sounds like you're adjusting them correct. I've done 1/2 and 3/4 before with the same results. What valve covers are you using? Don't think they will clear the stockers.

Adjust them by finding compression #1 tdc and do ex 1,5,6, in 1,2,3 then rotate 360* and do ex 2,3,4, in 4,5,6.

1/4 turn equals .0125
1/2 turn eqauls .025
3/4 turn equals .037
1 turn equals .050

Morel suggests .030-.035

Bryan

I was always told to set valves on the base of the cam.
Exh just starts to open-set the intake valve
Intake full open ,then when 1/2 way closed -set exh valve

Kevin:D

I've tried both ways except I was giving it a half turn. I'll try 3/4's of a turn. I have the RJC spacers for stock valve covers. I took the baffle out and it clears fine.

Back