Car cuts out at 45-4800 rs 2nd 3rd gear

speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6
guys having bad problem took car to track this weekend and car ran slower than ever .ran 7.60 1/8 mile at 90 mph and 13.2 1/4 at 97 mph ??????? car feels ok thru first 8th ,then get around 4500 rs in second and car falls on its face cuts out bad, shifted to 3rd ok till 45-4800 then started cutting out again .first gear ok all the way to 5200 .just replaced ign mod a/c delco ,accel coil pack new ,new fuel pumps new regulator ,new turbotweak chip . but get this ,on street like going to pass can floor it and goes to 5000 no cut out in 2nd .seems only when hold it wot for over 5 seconds .nothing showing on scanmaster .was told ck maf at wot reading 255 that is normal right ??? did tap test maf seems ok .where should i start ??? is it elecrical ??? i have access to all tools .but my ford techs are lost is this little v6 .also where can i get wiring diagrams for ecu and ign mod ?? was told could be valve springs or cam ?? but i think it is electrical just my gut feeling .car has over 200k on body and wiring harness, only 9000 on new motor .very depressing to have a 11sec car run 13s want to sell it ....... please help

hello guys anyone home ???? please if anyone can tell me where to start .fuel, timing ,engine ,valve springs ,electrical??? like i said does not do it in 1st gear only 2nd and 3rd as soon as hit 4800 rpms popps cuts out ?? car keeps getting slower .need help guys .

I would replace the plugs and plug wires to start and the fuel filter. Maybe you already have....well that's where I would start, also I read about the positive cable wire being to close to something(header I think) and arching intermitently. I hope this helps. Good Luck
Chuck

Hey thanks chuck i did replace plugs will try wires.are you talking about batt cable ??? i will ck them .thanks again

Missing

Ck to see if the Pos. + battery cable is loose at the starter or is chafed and touching part of the chassis. Same thing happened to me and another guy I know.

Yes the + battery cable. I use the "Dielectric Tune-Up Grease" made by permatex, just a dab(pea size) on the plug wires(both ends) and I shine up the connections on the coil with scotch brite, for the plug wires.
Chuck

ok guys thanks for the info. i will ck batt cable, will try dielectric grease .but coil is brand new 1 week old and it is the accel with copper terminals would you still rec scotch brite on copper ??? but thank you guys for trying to help me .im still alittle green on these .so help is appreciated .thanks again

ok i pulled car into my shop got up in air and found crud around crank sensor .cleaned off ck gap ok .could this be my prob ??? also going to rewire started .poss chaffed wires .ill be on the safe side and repair them .if think of anything else please let me know thanks for the help.

alright i repaired starter wires ck all grounds all wire connections .cleaned crank sensor .got worse now it is doing it even in first gear .popping noise sounds faster like someone beating on a snare drum .getting very confused and frustrated .also now has slight ticking noise ..could it be valve springs ???

I was going through the exact same dilemma on my race car, turns out that the BRAND NEW ignition module i bought from kirbans was bad, also make sure grounds on the back of the heads are good and tight, and none are broken. also, have you ever changed valve springs and/or cam? these items have a lot to do with high rpm's and were never that great to begin with. add in some xxxxxx miles and 17 years aging.... :eek: