You can type here any text you want

car leaning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Possiable blown shock,If the car's all original ,the turbo-battery-coolent weight weigh the front passanger side down some,if it's not in the suspenion, its in the body from body bushings decaying.

Enjoy!

thanks, cars been sitting for like 13 years so gonna replace all shocks and see then.

Shocks have nothing to do with the ride height of the car. All they do is control the bouncing as you drive down the road. When you put the new springs on it did you do any other work? Have you checked the bushings to see if they're in good shape? Did the springs go into the pockets properly? What's the difference in height you're seeing now?

car leaning to passenger side put new springs in back still leaning
I had this very same problem with the last two cars I owned, this one included.. On this white car it always leaned (sagged) lower on the pass side.. Then after the DSE suspension was installed it sits perfect now..

This means it had something to due with the suspension and my guess is that a sway bar or something was tightened without load. Leave old springs out because they were newer Hotchkis springs in the rear. fronts were the old stock ones so that could have caused it I guess.. Either way if you OR someone else has installed front or rear sway bars they could have been tightened up while on jack stands instead of under a load (which they should be tightened)..

Other causes are weak saggy stock springs, body bushings wore out, etc,etc..

Scot W.

it was leaning before i put the springs in. i put them in because the back is sagging and the front is sitting high. the back is still sitting a little low gonna have to go with cargo springs. and in the process of putting in upper and lower metco control arms in the rear.

Back