You can type here any text you want

Car speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamn4GN

What is everyone using? Looking to upgrade mine. Nothing too crazy, stock ones sounds like shit. Im not even sure what sizes the car has. Has the Concert Sound option. Anyone?

If you upgrade your CSII speakers, would you consider selling them?
I'm looking for good set of stock dash tweeters.
Thanks

What is everyone using? Looking to upgrade mine. Nothing too crazy, stock ones sounds like shit. Im not even sure what sizes the car has. Has the Concert Sound option. Anyone?
Concert sound has 1" tweeters (3.5" plate) in the dash 5.25" in the doors and 4x10" in the rear deck. Some notes on what fits boss. Modern tweets will fit in the dash but you will have to make brackets out of radio back straps to mount em. Plenty of room to mount crossovers in the lower sections on the dash. The door 5.25" depth is 2 1/8" or it will hit the glass. You might have to alter the baskets for fitment and duct tape it to the door otherwise the front and rear waves will combine and sound like crap. 6x9" can be mounted in the rear deck with adapters commonly found on Ebay for $30 or so. 6.5" (no depth issues) will fit in the panels on either side of the back seat. You will have to cut the inserts and fabric though and run speaker wire into the body cavities. And for Gunmetal87 although the dash tweets are long gone Highway Stars has GM 3.5" mids (non co-axles) that will fit w/o alteration.

Be careful when replacing the front speakers (dash & door), they are a higher impedance as they are wired in parallel. IIRC, each speaker is 10 ohms instead of the usual 4 ohms. Use 4 ohm speakers, even just the dash set, will eventually take out the amplifier in the radio.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If you upgrade your CSII speakers, would you consider selling them?
I'm looking for good set of stock dash tweeters.
Thanks
I been around long enough to know to hold onto those if I do replace them. But if I do, I'll keep Ya in mind.

Thanks fellas. Maybe I should just mess with the equalizer a bit. Try find best sound.

Back