Car stalls on start with MAFTPRO

security

Installed the maftpro with all soldered connections.
Set all the parameters to my GN as per directions.
I have spark and fuel.

Can starts for about 2 seconds then stalls out.

Any ideas anyone?

Is there an anti-theft in the chip ? The Extender chips quite often have that feature built in and you need to go through a sequence to be able to start it and keep it running. Otherwise it will start and stall as you describe.

I'm not sure if things work differently on the PRO vs the T+ like I have though.

Nope its a TT chip, everything worked fine before the install, only other thing I did when installing the maftpro was put new slicks on. Hope that diden't make it stall. :D

Sounds like something in the TPro set up. How do you have the TPro configured? Did you change anything in the TPro prior to putting on the new slicks?

Nope this is the first install, checked and rechecked all the parameters as per the directions. Still stalls. :(

Check the parameters on the sensor display page.

RPM
MP
TPS
IAT
FO

Any codes in the ECM?

Bob

security said:
Installed the maftpro with all soldered connections.
Set all the parameters to my GN as per directions.
I have spark and fuel.

Can starts for about 2 seconds then stalls out.

Any ideas anyone?

Mine did the same exact thing, I had it wired wrong.

On the six pin plug, look at the black and red wires that are the ground for the MAP sensor. I didn't think they needed to be tapped in since you are to remove them on the other side of the connector. Well ya do need them hooked up. :D

When the car is off bob these are the parameters you asked for:

RPM 0
MP 1.1
TPS .38
IAT 71 (MT on sensor display I assume)
FO 30

No codes either.

Also the black and red wires are hooked up to the clear side of the of the connector, and I did not need to cut the wires since I have a digital dash, there were no wires on the black side to cut.

Don't have a number off hand, but Bob told me that the 1.1 means the the MAP is not getting any signal. I would look over the six pin connector again, maybe you missed something... like I did. :mad:

Just saw,
MP - should read near 100 when the key is on, but the engine is not running. At idle it should read 30-50 depending on camshaft and engine type.

Ok this just dawned on me, I have a digital dash, so there is no map sensor on the PS of the car near the relays, only the hobbs switch for the turbo lights in the dash.
The only 3 bar sensor I have is one I added hooked up to my alky.

So would I have to tap into that sensor, not the wires behind the dash?

Thanks glen for the help again, when I ordered it said nothing about having to get a 3bar sensor if you have a digital dash, but without the 3bar from razors alky, I woulden't be able to get this thing going.

Wired over a wire from the 3bar to the unconnected sensor input wire (green one) and soldered them up.

Works fine now, MP is at 99 at idle.

Thanks again.

should be 99 or so without the engine running

30-50 with the engine idling.

Bob

Same thing happened to me turned it a wire wasnt connected properly. Love the maftpro though best mod i have done.