You can type here any text you want

Car starts and then dies, log inside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

Pulled the intake last week to fix an oil leak. Managed to damage the crank sensor so I just installed a new one and the car won't stay running. Starts and dies.

Checked all my connections and everything is good. Here's a log maybe someone can find my problem.

Car ran great before I did the intake.

Attachments

Pulled the intake last week to fix an oil leak. Managed to damage the crank sensor so I just installed a new one and the car won't stay running. Starts and dies.

Checked all my connections and everything is good. Here's a log maybe someone can find my problem.

Car ran great before I did the intake.

Man, I'm sure glad I don't have your luck.

I've never had a car like this and I've owned a lot of cars over the years. This issue is my fault I'm just hoping someone will find something in the log and give me a place to start.

Did you take the grounds off the back of the block. If so make sure you reconnected them all back

Reaching for straws but maybe it's starting on the fuel pump prime only and then the pump does not continue to supply fuel? When you pulled the intake does the injector harness maybe have any bent pins from reassembly? Massive vacuum leak? Wrong intake gasket letting air in somewhere?

With 0 Map, the injectors won't pulse, his DC% is zero as well. You are probably right, fuel pump primes and the inj leak down enough to fire.

I checked the injector harness tonight, it's fine. I've been doing some google searching and ran across the fuel pump prime only issue. I have fuel pressure but maybe the pump is shutting off for some reason.

I have the right intake gasket and shouldn't have any vacuum leaks. Checked over all that stuff.

I don't have a computer at home to look over PL files. I use a Mac but I noticed the injector PW went to 0 when the car fired on my PC I use in the car. Not sure what that means?

I think you can put power to the black connector behind the alternator and the fuel pump will run continuously. That would eliminate the prime only question. DOUBLE CHECK ME on that. It might be ground to the black connector.

if the MAP sensor is reading 0, the problem is electrical.

check the power connection to the sensor. and the connections at the analog unit of the PL, and the analog cable connections to the PL.

Bob

the engine starts and dies because cranking fuel pulses are based on TPS, coolant temperature, and crank sensor pulses. Once the engine fires the software switches over to a calculated pulsewidth, and for speed density MAP is THE major factor in the calculation.

Bob

Well fella's I knew it was going to be something stupid and it was.

I knew something was a miss when I only had one connector at the TPS because I knew there was another harness that goes there. Hell I even posted in another thread helping a guy out talking about that. I tucked the MAP sensor wiring harness up against the inner fender when doing the intake and forgot about it. I had a buddy over last night while I was trying to figure this out and mentioned that to him, that I thought there was a jumper harness at the TPS and he said no you're thinking about the boost solenoid wire right here.

I'll tell you what my problem is, I've spent way too much time in the shop the last couple years. My patience is all but gone and my frustration level is maxed. That's when things get messed up. I'm hoping I've got the GN where it needs to be so it's back to driving it and washing it.

Started it, added water to radiator, got it up to temp and so far so good. No water or oil leaks detected yet.

Thanks for the help!

Well fella's I knew it was going to be something stupid and it was.

I knew something was a miss when I only had one connector at the TPS because I knew there was another harness that goes there. Hell I even posted in another thread helping a guy out talking about that. I tucked the MAP sensor wiring harness up against the inner fender when doing the intake and forgot about it. I had a buddy over last night while I was trying to figure this out and mentioned that to him, that I thought there was a jumper harness at the TPS and he said no you're thinking about the boost solenoid wire right here.

I'll tell you what my problem is, I've spent way too much time in the shop the last couple years. My patience is all but gone and my frustration level is maxed. That's when things get messed up. I'm hoping I've got the GN where it needs to be so it's back to driving it and washing it.

Started it, added water to radiator, got it up to temp and so far so good. No water or oil leaks detected yet.

Thanks for the help!
There's so many little things that can go wrong. If you're away from the cat just a bit it's easy to forget about them. Especially if you have other cars you're dealing with. I would much rather find a solution like this than a problem I couldn't diagnose!

Back