You can type here any text you want

car will not start I need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

I was letting may car warm up, it was running for about 5 min then is just shut off and will not start. it will turn over be not strat. I smell something like rubber burning.

Interesting...my newbness is telling me maybe the battery cable is shorting against the downpipe?

I checked eveything that yo said and the seem fine. I did noticed that when I turn the key i did not hear the pumps come on at all so I my be them

I had a relay burn up one time and it did the same thing. Was running and all of a sudden wasn't. Check to make sure you are getting power to the back at the fuel pump. If no power there check relay, if there is power there it could be the pump is bad.

ok so I rechecked eveything one more time I found a fuse that was blown i changed the fuse and the pump came back on an the car started and then the fuse went out again. So what do I need to check know?

check your cable to see if your insulator got burned off, i would say around the down pipe, that will cause it to short out!

the fuse that is blowing is the one under the dash. I checked the insulator from the front to the back and the back to the front and did not see anything. Could it be coming from the pumps in the tank?

The fuel pump could be shorting out after a few minutes running. Based on your upgraded signature you should be running an external pump for safety over the dual pump setup. If you go that route buy the weldon 1100-A and be done with it..

Trace the main wire all the way down the frame. Look for a spot where the wire is worn though the insulation and shorted out.

I did that from the front to the back and back to the front. Still doing the samething. So what now. It was running just fine and shut off so i'm lost. Only thing I can think of is uninstall the wire and drop the tank and redo it all.

Odd....my car seems to b doing the same thing.......I checked everything....only thing I can find is that the harness at the back of the car isn't getting much juice....traced the wire back up to under the dash and it doesn't look like its shorted out anywhere.....can't really test it bcuz the wire is some hard ass plastic that my tester won't to thru.....

Buickbert

the fuse that is blowing is the one under the dash. I checked the insulator from the front to the back and the back to the front and did not see anything. Could it be coming from the pumps in the tank?

Which fuse is this? I've been having this prob for weeks and nobody can tell me what fuse it is???? I don't see anything in the fuse block that say "pump"

Buickbert

Its a 15 or 20 amp fuse at the top of the box and on the left side of the box. some of the words are rubbed of in my box in that spot.

I did that from the front to the back and back to the front. Still doing the samething. So what now. It was running just fine and shut off so i'm lost. Only thing I can think of is uninstall the wire and drop the tank and redo it all.

Unplug the hot wire by the back bumper and just let it hang. Replace the fuse and see if it blows with pump unplugged.

Its a 15 or 20 amp fuse at the top of the box and on the left side of the box. some of the words are rubbed of in my box in that spot.

Found it....changed it....drum roll please.........nothing!!!! Sorry to hijacking ur post but ill b keeping an eye on it to se if anything I haven't done shows up....

Buickbert

Back