You can type here any text you want

car will not start I need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just get a real good tester poke the cable, you should have a setting for ohms resistance put it on audible and if it sounds its shorting out! Vise versa on pump!

Its a 15 or 20 amp fuse at the top of the box and on the left side of the box. some of the words are rubbed of in my box in that spot.

I had my Ciggerett Lighter go bad,Easy quick place to start,it kept loosing intoir lights an my LED brake lights....The top left fuse is "Cruise", it's 5amp fuse,Under it is "Inst lps" an it's a 15amp. Hopfully your short is in the crusie control if your correct on the top left fuse,,,heres photo of my fuse box

PHOTO_13735497_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

Enjoy!,Good Luck
Bozo

I had my Ciggerett Lighter go bad,Easy quick place to start,it kept loosing intoir lights an my LED brake lights....The top left fuse is "Cruise", it's 5amp fuse,Under it is "Inst lps" an it's a 15amp. Hopfully your short is in the crusie control if your correct on the top left fuse,,,heres photo of my fuse box

PHOTO_13735497_6696_7585054_ap.jpg

Enjoy!,Good Luck
Bozo

the fuse that keep blowing is the FP/INJ fuse

Cool,Ok,trace your "Injector Wire Harness",maybe one the leads to an injector melted,useualy on EGR side,or maybe it's pintched around the coil pack area,Also , in the front your motor,drivers side,behind the altenator is Gray an Green wires, There to drain the fuel tank by useing the fuel pump,maybee there crimped or melted shorting out

Enjoy!

Make sure the 3 prong connector to the oil pressure switch isn't shorting out

I thought is was the hot wire fuse blowing.

Check the injector harness around the egr. To rule it out, unplug the injector harness and try another fuse.

I think that also powers the module. You can unplug that as well and do the fuse test.

Your getting warm. ;)

Cool,Ok,trace your "Injector Wire Harness",maybe one the leads to an injector melted,useualy on EGR side,or maybe it's pintched around the coil pack area,Also , in the front your motor,drivers side,behind the altenator is Gray an Green wires, There to drain the fuel tank by useing the fuel pump,maybee there crimped or melted shorting out

Enjoy!

Did what you said and eveything looks fine I recoverd someplace that looked bad. looked are the EGR and it looks good. I still smell that burn rubber smell on the passenger side of the car:confused:

i just recently had a problem blowing the same fuse as you guys and salvagev6 found my problem. there is a hotwire that turns on the fuel pump behind the alternator/ac compressor mine got burnt and was grounding out on the exhaust manifold once it was found and taped up no more problems blowing fuses. goodluck

i just recently had a problem blowing the same fuse as you guys and salvagev6 found my problem. there is a hotwire that turns on the fuel pump behind the alternator/ac compressor mine got burnt and was grounding out on the exhaust manifold once it was found and taped up no more problems blowing fuses. goodluck

I will check that tonight

X2

Prasad:cool:

Back