CAS V-2 I-C pipe sizing

brian

I have an early CAS V-2. It is a great I-C,but I have a question. I just upgraded to a LT-72-1 turbo. It has a 2 1/2in outlet to the I-C. The I-C has 2 1/2 pipes,and 3in outlets/inlets. I also have a 70mm T-B which is 3in. I used a newer CAS 3in pipe with this. Do any of you think there is an advantage to a 3in pipe to the T-B from the I-C?(over the 2 1/2) Or, am I just creating more lag?
Thanks,
Brian

You have a much bigger combo than I. I heard a fellow club memeber tell me that he talked to Tony and that the 3" was more of an esthetic thing than performance orientated. Having said that, I don't think it takes a brain-surgeon to realize that 3" through and through will flow more air. Dunno if this helps, but that's my 5 cents, less 3 coppers.
Jim

A few years back when I went bigger I had exactly the same thoughts and concerns as you did, so I phoned Harry at PTE. He said the size difference wasn't a problem at all.

Until you get down to your engine being able to use ALL the air produced by the turbo (no boost) you shouldn't have a flow problem.