You can type here any text you want

Cassette Keeps Ejecting, Any Ideas?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kensgs01

Hi All,

1987 Turbo T, Limited, has the stock radio with the equalizer, etc., and all was working fine until yesterday. I popped in a cassette and it seemed to be at the end of side one, it flipped to side two, and ejected.???? This took all of 3 seconds, bang, bang. So, I turned the tape over, put it back in and same thing happened. It immediately reversed direction and ejected, bang, bang, 3 seconds. I tried a half dozen tapes and it did the same thing with all of them. The unit was serviced about a year ago and has not been used much but worked beautifully before this happened. All else is good, radio, switches, lights, LED display, etc. It's just the Cassette player acting funny. Any thoughts suggestions? Thanks...Ken

check the drive belt

to see if it is broken. This has been my experience.

Contact Phillyturbo6 on this board. I believe he knows the internals intimately.

yep...broken belt......they are like rubber bands....break with age....

Hi All,

1987 Turbo T, Limited, has the stock radio with the equalizer, etc., and all was working fine until yesterday. I popped in a cassette and it seemed to be at the end of side one, it flipped to side two, and ejected.???? This took all of 3 seconds, bang, bang. So, I turned the tape over, put it back in and same thing happened. It immediately reversed direction and ejected, bang, bang, 3 seconds. I tried a half dozen tapes and it did the same thing with all of them. The unit was serviced about a year ago and has not been used much but worked beautifully before this happened. All else is good, radio, switches, lights, LED display, etc. It's just the Cassette player acting funny. Any thoughts suggestions? Thanks...Ken
whats a Cassette player??

Good luck dude.

Back