You can type here any text you want

CatBack Reviews - which one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Ok - last night posted about a muffler. Got under it and I'm thinking of just doing the catback - doesn't look like a big deal.

I've seen a few different guys post a few different ideas - hookers, etc.

Some feedback here would be GREAT!

1. Which did you use?
2. Which part# and from where?
3. Any tips?
4. My priorities are stock appearance/performance/sound in that order

Thanks in advance!!!

I have a ATR full system and it sounds great!!! Fits perfectly especially for a bolt on kit. I usually am not a fan of bolt on systems but this one is well crafted and for the most part easy to put together. The tips are hidden mostly behind the bumper. Dont know what it would sound like without the 3 inch downpipe but its a distinct sound for sure. Also my car is lowered considerably and i have no ground clearance issues with the cat back part of the exhaust...

Hooker Aerochamber catback.

Order it from summit and get the one listed w/ 4 bolt flange for four barrel cars.

It comes in at 235$ or so in Summit and fits like a champ, just ditch the 4bolt to 3 inch flange adapter.

Has two double tips on it, if u cut them down they look stockish.

later
Jeremy

I also have an ATR system. 3" single shot thru crossflow muffler. Sounds awesome. Like a V8 car with no drone. I would spend the $600 again.

A few questions for you guys:

1. ATR - which one/where did you get it? Pretty stock looking? I'm planning on cutting off the stock tips and putting them on the system....

2. Hooker - do you remember which summit part? I've seen a thread that left it very unclear!! Also, going to weld the stock tips on - need to bend the tail pipes to get the angle right?

Anyone know of anyone who went and had a system done at a shop for a custom fit?

Thanks guys...wasn't planning on doing this and then all of a sudden "wap" - monster hole!!

Stainless all the way.

I went stainless from the headers all the way back to the tailpipes. I bought a stainless 2.5 cat back system that came with magnaflow mufflers, from Jack Cotton. My theory is spend a lil more now and it will last longer than the sheetmetal on the car. It was about $170.00 more than mild steel systems. Im not sure how many more systems he had incase ur thinkin of going that way.

Back