You can type here any text you want

CEA 6262 and Cam Selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
.030 over 109-CEA 6262-Stock compression ratio-Champion iron heads-Champion stock appearing intake-3:42 gears-AC 16930 convertor-Alky. What would you guys run for a cam?

210 or 212 is a great cam for that combo. Your convertor is hit and miss of slip %...that may have to be adjusted or replaced but can be done after the fact with the target being a minimum of 500 rpm drops on the shifts.. A 210/210 cam, JB 6262 CEA, 9.5 3400 ish stall is instant boost right off idle with no power brake on darn near the exact same build

I have a 212/212 roller, JB CEA 6262E, and a 9x11 3200 stall and boost is almost instant. Haven't been to the track yet so I can't provide any data as far as shift rpm, etc.

What kind of spring pressure are we dealing with? The converter is going to eat up mph if you run high cylinder pressure. If you had enough spring i know exactly what id be running. It will extend the rpm a few hundred more than the common "stuff" you see posted about. 1.65 rocker ratio would help it too.

What kind of spring pressure are we dealing with? The converter is going to eat up mph if you run high cylinder pressure. If you had enough spring i know exactly what id be running. It will extend the rpm a few hundred more than the common "stuff" you see posted about. 1.65 rocker ratio would help it too.

Brian I'm currently running a 204/214 with 981 springs. The car runs a consistent 11.5 at 119 with 23 PSI with Erics 5.7 chip on aggressive low gear timing mode. It's coming time for an engine freshening up...so I'm curious if a different grind of cam would be better. Thanks to everyones responses. Oh...the car goes through the traps at 5850...and stock rockers.

Have you tried manually shifting so you are up around 6,200 rpms on each shift? That 204-214 cam loves to be spun up from what I have experienced. It is a totally different pull at that rpm without changing a thing.

Regards,
Shev

Brian I'm currently running a 204/214 with 981 springs. The car runs a consistent 11.5 at 119 with 23 PSI with Erics 5.7 chip on aggressive low gear timing mode. It's coming time for an engine freshening up...so I'm curious if a different grind of cam would be better. Thanks to everyones responses. Oh...the car goes through the traps at 5850...and stock rockers.
Your converter isn't even close if you're at 5850 and only 119mph trap. When my car went through at 138+ it was barely over 5900. You're limited on cam profile with a flat cam. To gain a big advantage you'd need to go with an aggressive roller. You should be at 122.5mph if you are at 98 in the eighth.

Your converter isn't even close if you're at 5850 and only 119mph trap. When my car went through at 138+ it was barely over 5900. You're limited on cam profile with a flat cam. To gain a big advantage you'd need to go with an aggressive roller. You should be at 122.5mph if you are at 98 in the eighth.

Brian...what would you recommend for a roller? I read that Dusty said that the AC convertors will couple better at higher RPM's. Would I see any benefit from manually shfting at a higher RPM?

No.The engine is out of breath that's why your eighth to quarter pickup sucks. A converter swap is worth about 3 mph here without even turning the boost up. Shifting later will give more drop but it will further slow the car down more. I don't give out cam specs. When the customer buys the cam they see the analysis. It depends on how much of an advantage is needed and how much $ is available to spend on the valvetrain. Duration @.050 in the 200-206 range for an aggressive one and probably 6 more degrees @.050" for a less aggressive profile.

No.The engine is out of breath that's why your eighth to quarter pickup sucks. A converter swap is worth about 3 mph here without even turning the boost up. Shifting later will give more drop but it will further slow the car down more.

How about bumping the boost to 28-29 pounds from the current 23 PSI...or will that not help because the engine is already out of breath.

How about bumping the boost to 28-29 pounds from the current 23 PSI...or will that not help because the engine is already out of breath.
You will drive into the converter even harder and the problem will be magnified

The correct converter would improve your eighth mph and e.t. a lot also.

Back