Cell phone help

jpwalt1987

Hey guys I am about to drop verizon as my cell service because theirre area of coverage is about the size of a pin head!! I have been leaning towards at&t because they have strong signal even in the gulf of mexico. we go fishing down that way. I was looking at the family plan for 2 phones for 700 minutes for $69. I dont text or send pics or any of that other mess. I use the phone to talk to people(crazy isnt it!!) What are some good phones and some phones to stay away from. thanks guys, jeremy

Stay away from the

Samsung A437
Motorola V3XX...all versions, even the V3 if it's still available in your area.
LG CE110
Sony W580i (sony's white screen of death has returned)

Phones that I would buy:

LG cu515
LG cu720 (shine)... this is what I'm using now... very nice, almost makes me want to upgrade from my old 3125... almost.:wink:
Nokia 6555 (inferno)
Nokia 6085
Razr 2 V9 or the Z9... both have been good phones soo far. Too soon to tell IMHO though.

I'm "iffy" on the Sony's.... they seem like nice phones, but have has some issues with the models out.

I've been having alot of luck with the LG's latley... sold a butload of them the past 6 months, and have had very few issues (shines and the CU515).

good luck,

Been with Cingular/At&T 2 years now and the service has been pretty good, but the Motorola Razr series is a piece of crap! On my 3rd one in 2 years!

I've gottta say that what their map shows is good but even my company (ALCOA)uses verizon and they have good phones and their signal is poor at best. I get the "expanded network" display on my phone but what that really means is no signal. when that shows I cant make any calls. I dont want to be stuck in another 2 year contract with a phone that "might" work. I do know that at&t and sprint work very well so I will be going with one of them. Just need to pick one of them and a phone. Anymore phone suggestions? thanks, jeremy

Funny, I was thinking about starting a thread about this exact same thing. I have Verizon and it seems like every time I go away from home I don't get coverage and it's hit or miss even in my area. Also, every time I visit the store they make me feel like a second class citizen with the long waiting and attitude from the salespeople but that's besides the point.

The company I work for uses Nextel for communicationas and it seems to work where my Verizon phone doesn't (can you hear me now?). Also, Iv'e heard some pretty good things about AT&T. My contract is up in November. I think I'm gonna drop them too.

I'm very unhappy with AT&T...

Cingular wasn't bad at all but ever since AT&T bought them out I get continual dropped calls, terrible static laden connections, dead zones all over town & horrible customer service (rude, put on hold, wrong transfers, etc..) If I lived out in the sticks I might be a little more understanding, but this is Houston dag-nabit! ONLY good thing about them anymore is the minutes rollover IMHO!!!!

Cingular wasn't bad at all but ever since AT&T bought them out I get continual dropped calls, terrible static laden connections, dead zones all over town & horrible customer service (rude, put on hold, wrong transfers, etc..) If I lived out in the sticks I might be a little more understanding, but this is Houston dag-nabit! ONLY good thing about them anymore is the minutes rollover IMHO!!!!

LMAO!!!!

You DO realize that NOBODY bought CINGULAR.... Right??? Cingular is/was owned by SBC and Bellsouth.

SBC bought AT&T longdistance/landline... and kept the name.

Then they bought Bellsouth....

The ONLY thing that changed with "Cingular" was the name...

Cust service is the same people, Towers are the same (I'm not aware of them haveing to sell off any to make the deal). I report to the same people, the CEO did step down, but was replaced with the next down the line.

You may be having issues.. .but the name change didn't cause them.

I'd go into a local store, and bug them face to face... may get better results than trying some operator somewhere. I can't stand calling Customer Service for anything.

Welcome to AT&T's world! :eek:

Geez, sounds like all of them really suck.:confused: I have heard bad things about sprint too. Now I am really confused. :mad: Maybe I can get a good deal on a "Bat Phone"!!!